• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Total War in Germany 3.0
06-05-2007, 11:37 PM,
RE: Total War in Germany 3.0
Aaron -

On SAM and security battalions, I understand your point about unit density, but I think combining the two units is not a good approach because they had very different missions. I think you could fix the SAM units, no problem, but the security forces would need to be mobile in order to react to enemy SF or airmobile incursions. Also, didn't the SAM units have some inherent security capability (e.g. Air Force MP, etc.) so separating the two would not leave the SAM completely defenseless.

In the PzC scenarios, for the most part we don't see any of these rear area security units (except for Minsk 44, because of all the Soviet partisans). You don't really need to model them, because helos and airmobile are not in the games. Specific scenarios involving airdrops (S43, N44 and MG44) have those linked specifically to ground invasions and specific geography.

But the roaming helos and airmobile of the Modern Campaigns are a different matter entirely.

Thanks for listening. You are doing great work and our teams are enjoying playing your version 2.0. Looking forward to the completion of your masterpiece by the addition of artic front, southwest front and Balkans - hehe (what is Norwegian and Turkish Army OOB? lol).
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2007, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM by Aaron.)
I do have all the oobs even for turkey but lets not get to far ahead of ourselves and just take southern germany for now. Ill play with adding security but i really dont want them to be mobile id rather have then fixed and on depots and major victory point hexes.

Aaron

U guys have to finish 2.0 and play 3.0 ull like it alot more.
Rangers Lead the Way
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM,
Off Topic  RE: Total War in Germany 3.0
Excuse not in a theme.

You discuss MOD, probably for Modern campaigns ?
What is " Total War Germany " where about it it is possible to learn more ? :conf:
Send this user an email
06-06-2007, 02:06 AM,
U can download it from H2H or the other thread here

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=40509

I working on another one from scratch but this is one that im using as a test scenario, the new one is going to be a little ways away 1-2 months

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
06-23-2007, 02:37 PM,
In your 3.0 total war, where does the Italian (Commando) unit art .bmp go? I tried putting it in the British units folder, etc. but the game does not appear to be recognizing it. Hate to play with blank unit art. Advice? Also, will the final version of 3.0 be packed so that there won't be any more missing art? Its a great piece of work, but tracking down missing art and putting it in its right place can be a bit of a search. Thanks in advance.
06-23-2007, 10:29 PM,
Hi

The Italian-Commando .bmp goes in the "West-German" Units Folder

If you use the scenario editor to determine which art is missing, it also tells you which folder to put it in

Great scenario this - as you say, the missing art is/has been a bit of a pain though, but a brilliant piece of work nontheless

Cheers

Chris
06-24-2007, 01:57 AM,
Another item for the next revision.

Although NATO has a deception capable unit (US Special Forces in Berlin, not sure if there are others) the NATO deception values are all set to "0." Not sure if this was intended, or if there needs to be a change so as to give NATO some deception capability.
06-24-2007, 04:14 AM,
initially, deception units were given to the warsaw pact only to model
their special forces attempts of recon and sabotage as an
advance guard to the red tide coming up. according to pact war plans, that is. although NATO too had plans to execute a stay-behind guerilla warfare in areas captured by the WP, the so called operation 'gladio', i think the game is not suited to model
those operations appropriately. in addition, the supply situation for the pact
player in PBEMs is grave enough as it is - without NATO SFs lying in wait
for those hapless lorries on their long journey to the front.
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
06-24-2007, 09:51 PM,
Another missing art query: ACE Mobile Force HQ. I can't find a .bmp for this. I was going to make one, but am not sure what folder it would go into. In the .scn editor, it shows many units missing art (the list runs off the page and ends "and many others") and I don't see this one nor where it goes. Any help? Sorry for all these missing art questions, but I am finding it requires work each turn to sort these out as one or more arriving NATO units usually is missing artwork. Thanks in advance.
06-25-2007, 02:32 AM,
Sorry im out on the boat but its a good thing we installed these 2 laptops into the nav station last year for when we r close to shore.
Heres a link where all the graphics u need for the game r still posted. 3.0 is using individual Hq units instead of default so if u dont have any the list would be very long.

http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67115

Second i have completed an oob from scratch and the 10th special forces group is in it and i did change the values in the .pdt about a month ago so i think im ahead of u there.

Gotta go, gotta switch back to my Gps screen and make sure we r going the right way.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way