• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inter-Club Forums
05-15-2007, 11:20 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2007, 11:24 PM by Mad Russian.)
RE: Inter-Club Forums
There seems to be a great amount of enthusiasm for the operational mode but I'm not going to do the strategic mode.

The current direction is a real time campaign. Like the real deal. The battle map will be updated on regular intervals and whatever battles are still raging are still raging. I am thinking of having 20 turn games with a cap of 60 days on each battle. If you're not done in 60 days then the administrator will call the game himself.

That will make sure that the battles flow along.

Comments are welcome here or you can go to the Global CM board.

Join the site and participate there in the discussions. I have no problems discussing it either here or on the Global CM boards. Koen has put that site together for intra-site CM battles, tournaments, and campaigns. We should use it but we don't have to. For those that are interested in larger tournaments against other sites, clans and clubs that is a neutral site to discuss such issues. Just like this one!

I know, initially there will be a few that get excited about the prospects this offers, and as we get closer and actually start them, it will get more attention. The nice thing is that they will never be closed. If a player wants to join or leave the campaign at anytime while it is running the campaign will make allowances for it.

I welcome comments anywhere about the upcoming project.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2007, 02:14 PM,
The first 26 maps have been scanned and sent out to the team.

There are probably at least that many more that can be scanned if the team thinks we need them.

Roughly 17 of these maps are topo maps.

Good Hunting.

MR
05-18-2007, 10:33 PM,
Hey Mad Russkie

I have got a batch of Russian OOB info from about six Glantz books for the Army's in the area... broken down to reg/battalion level for the time frame dec 42 - mar 43.... also some battle maps (in russian) and a few other ideas... plus some repsonses to the 100 plus emails... LOL .... I will get them to you tonight (at work now) plus a am bach'in it tonight so should have time to play catch up on turns and OP CM... Also in the process of building an operational game engine that might work to help in administration Big Grin

That is all...
***** Fredrocker's Combat Mission Site *****"Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care." - Theodore Roosevelt
Send this user an email
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM,
Fredrocker Wrote:Hey Mad Russkie

I have got a batch of Russian OOB info from about six Glantz books for the Army's in the area... broken down to reg/battalion level for the time frame dec 42 - mar 43.... also some battle maps (in russian) and a few other ideas...

That is all...

Good, I have that same information for the Germans for that same time period.

Good Hunting.

MR