• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Inter-Club Forums
05-09-2007, 09:50 AM,
Inter-Club Forums
Koen is trying to make things a bit less combative between some clubs and members by opening a new forums where there are no divisions of clan or club.

Now normally I won't advertise for another forum but in this case it might help relieve some tensions between folks by getting a community wide effort established where everyone can talk CM.

Check it out if you like, join if you like. Don't hate me for mentioning it tho :)

http://cmglobal.proboards59.com/index.cgi
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2007, 10:47 AM,
RE: Inter-Club Forums
RedDevil Wrote:Check it out if you like, join if you like. Don't hate me for mentioning it tho :)

http://cmglobal.proboards59.com/index.cgi

This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about earlier Randy. The kind of thing that brings the CM community closer together not farther apart.

The first project is an inter CM site challenge on what may well be Kharkov 1943.

There could be such a thing as different sites having a team and their own commander. The operation is absolutely not "NEVER ENDING" as some of these seem to be.

The situation is going to be as historically based as we can make it.

Any and all comments about this project are welcome. Any input will be considered. There are also threads starting up on WaW and TFGM at this moment. Other sites will soon be welcomed to add their own comments and teams as well.

The Blitz/TFGM and WaW are the starting points for this competition. In the climate of trying to mend broken fences both sides are putting forth a good faith effort to put behind past differences and go to WAR!!!

If you are at all interested in this project post your comments or recommendations here. We can scuss and discuss as much as you like.

Thanks to Blitz, TFGM and WaW for starting this project. Now let's get this thing started and going.

Here's to a much more united hobby!!

Good Hunting.

MR
05-10-2007, 10:15 AM,
This is yet another effort to put indifferences behind us.

Let's hope this moves forward without distraction from any personal grievances from either side.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-10-2007, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2007, 02:46 AM by Mad Russian.)
RE:�� Inter-Club Forums
RedDevil Wrote:This is yet another effort to put indifferences behind us.

Let's hope this moves forward without distraction from any personal grievances from either side.

I believe that not only is this moving forward but that your membership to WaW is soon to be authorized. That way we can move the entire project forward with all parties able to communicate on the same forum. Since some of the people involved are not allowed on this forum I think the easiest method is to bring you onto that one.

The only way that personal distractions happen is if we all let them. If we continue to let our grievances plague our hobby, we can destroy the very thing that brought us all together...that is a quote from Fredrocker and a darn good one.....so, let's put all the penny ante stuff up.

POS and I are playing his stunning Pripyet Marshes tournament scenario in an effort to put our own differences aside and just play the game! If he and I can do it so can others. For those of you that have never played POS I recommend it. There is no other CM experience like it.

Now let's see if we can make something happen in the Operation CM Campaign aspect of this game. For starters. After we get this on it's way we need to talk about some other projects that will include every CM site that we can get involved!! We need some new fire put into this old beast! She still has some good gaming in her before we put her up with the latest and greatest!!

Good Hunting.

MR
05-10-2007, 09:55 PM,
Sadly, the 2 opponents of my membership at WaW are more powerful than the rest of its members who give it substance and dignity, rather than controversy and denial, thus the owner has decided to NOT let me join.

He is apparently concerned that I am more confrontational than those already present.

I'll see you on the Global forums as well I hope, that is where we'll try to work together and let this minor obstacle rot where it lies.

05-11-2007, 02:57 AM,
RedDevil Wrote:Sadly, the 2 opponents of my membership at WaW are more powerful than the rest of its members who give it substance and dignity, rather than controversy and denial, thus the owner has decided to NOT let me join.

He is apparently concerned that I am more confrontational than those already present.

I'll see you on the Global forums as well I hope, that is where we'll try to work together and let this minor obstacle rot where it lies.

In one regard I can see their point. You can post there but they can't post here.

On the other hand, I can see that that site forum touts free speech. Another point though is that you were denied by the site director not the forum people.

A neutral work site may prove the most beneficial to all concerned.

Good Hunting.

MR

05-11-2007, 03:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-11-2007, 03:14 AM by RedDevil.)
I can't help the fact some of their members got themselves banned here from their own actions, by the club's vice president. I, on the other hand have NOT ever been banned from any site for my actions. :)

No big deal really, I only wanted to go there and comment on some things that were being misconstrued about me and defend my name. It's a shame WaW is building on that kind of foundation.
05-11-2007, 03:35 AM,
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
05-11-2007, 03:36 AM,
Quote:I'll see you on the Global forums as well I hope, that is where we'll try to work together and let this minor obstacle rot where it lies.

indeed, let's start positive and work together !
visit WaT HERE!!!
05-12-2007, 02:28 PM,
The place to make this all happen is at Global CM.

The Operational CM project will look like CMC is touted to look. It will have most of the same features if not more.

It is being discussed and the direction of the operational setting is going to be set by those that participate. Otherwise I'll just do what I want. If you want a say in an interactive CM experience then get on over there, sign up and sound off.

Global CM Site

Good Hunting.

MR