• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Theatre of War
04-22-2007, 03:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-22-2007, 03:19 AM by Tanker.)
RE: Theatre of War
Quote this message in a reply
04-22-2007, 10:27 PM,
Tanker Wrote:Don't despair Leto. You can't be held responsible for hypersensitivity.

Oh the irony.
04-23-2007, 02:24 AM,
RE:�� Theatre of War
04-23-2007, 05:59 AM,
well I like it, the only thing I am not happy is the PBEM. but I won be surprice if this game is added to the hyperlooby, because there is alot of players of il2 that will buy the game. so maybe will be easy to find oppones. This is just an expeculation.

For those who don't know what hypperlobby is is a place where some fly lovers (IL2 freefalcon lockon) get togheter and fly online.

I have played C&C, this game have nothing to do with it. I don't see the lifebar on top of the units, the units get one good hit and died and there are not factories of tanks and unit to build. I compared it more to squad assult than CM. but for me CM still have the crown
04-23-2007, 06:34 AM,
Er, I like it too.

I think the Graphics are very good...

Though there are things that are very odd after CM:
no hiding
no proper Line Of Sight (yeah, you can see if someone sees someone else but nothing like the CM LOS "L" key)

Still, it looks good...
04-23-2007, 07:28 AM,
I like it.... if they had of implemented a wego system I personally thing it would be amazing.
04-28-2007, 05:54 AM,
Bought it online and after a few playings I have the following comments:

- Excellent graphics close up (compare those round headed CM-men), but to be able to mount a coordinated attack you won't be spending your time close up but hoovering way up. This kind of makes the graphics detail pointless.
- Gameplay and controls feels somewhat cumbersome, but you'll probably get used to it. Remember your first CM playing?
- Attention to historical, technical and physical detail seems on par with or even better than CM.
- Tank combat "feels" good.
- Infantry combat "feels" far to leathal.
- Artillery fire "feels" far to leathal.
- Protection from entrenchments "feels" way too low.

The leathality might be reduced with some kind of order I haven't found yet. Will read the manual when the snail-mail arrives.
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM,
I have strange thing - after playing Tow I can't start CMAK and this is main reason to give up testing ToW.
The second reason is that on mine 2 x 3Ghz pentium 2 GB Ram and Nvidia 6600 GT ( I know it is not the best but Rome TW are fast on that) this game (demo) is slow on lowest details
I like Outfront game :) that is pure fun
Send this user an email
04-29-2007, 10:01 PM,
You need to disable dual core processing in the options section.
04-29-2007, 10:04 PM,
I did :(
Send this user an email