• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads
Forums
Theatre of War - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards)
+-- Forum: The Firing Line (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Combat Mission (https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Theatre of War (/showthread.php?tid=40173)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Theatre of War - Copper - 04-18-2007

Demo available for download over at Battlefront. 650MB.

RE: Theatre of War - falco - 04-19-2007

RE: Theatre of War - Fubar - 04-19-2007

Downloading now.......

cheers

RE: Theatre of War - MGK(FGM) - 04-19-2007

To fast for me, I stay with CM :)

RE:��Theatre of War - Soldier - 04-19-2007

MGK(FGM) Wrote:To fast for me, I stay with CM :)

Can that be interpreted, pretty much as a "Shoot Them Up Game."
Or pretty darn close, at the very least.. :-)

RE: Theatre of War - MGK(FGM) - 04-19-2007

The best thing is to check it out by yourself - :)
I like sometimes to play good RTS (tactical part of Total War games or Close Combat) but this one is not for me

RE: Theatre of War - Copper - 04-20-2007

This one should be called: "Theatre of Smellyness".

It smells of a grab for the command and conquer ADD 13 year old with Mom's gold credit card market.

Any serious* wargamer would not be caught dead playing it, and believe me, I would do my darndest to patrol the earth to kill all who weren't caught dead** if I had the time and an evil "Grognard Man" cape and villain costume***.

Cheers!

Leto****

*this definition has no grounded context, and thus must be taken solely as the opinion of the author.
**the author will not actually try to kill you if you play this game. You hope.
***"Grognard Man" is a wholly patented and licensed name that cannot be reproduced without strict permission from the author. "Grognard Man" will appear a children's parties, sans cape and costume, but with pint of Vodka in hand and a pair of inside out boxer shorts over jeans, for $49.95 an hour with free drinks included.
****the author is disgusted by TOW, if you have not noticed, and this is an insurance policy to prevent anyone walking away from post not realizing that TOW sucks, and that if at all possible, the author would hunt down the makers of this game with a point-ed stick and a handfull of raspberries and commit foul murder*****.
*****legal disclaimer: the author is not threatening the makers of TOW, but would if it were legal.

RE: Theatre of War - Fubar - 04-20-2007

Fubar Wrote:Downloading now.......

cheers

......and deleting now.

All i will say is thank you for releasing a demo and thus saving me money. Now i can buy BOA or AACW instead. Big Grin

cheers

RE: Theatre of War - Soldier - 04-20-2007

Oh.. what a relief hearing all of these informative reports.
Now I won't have to buy me a new faster computer.. well at least not until the next new "Real War Gamer's" war game comes out... :-)

RE: Theatre of War - Liebchen - 04-20-2007

Soldier Wrote:Now I won't have to buy me a new faster computer.. well at least not until the next new "Real War Gamer's" war game comes out... :-)
Which, as we all know, will be out "when it's ready." :)