• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP Total War In Germany scenario at the H2H.
04-11-2007, 01:34 PM,
RE: NGP Total War In Germany scenario at the H2H.
Also some missing pics for 82nd airborne reinforcements
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2007, 01:40 PM,
Because all hq units dont have a default pic anymore they all got renamed, they all have the same vehical on it but different unit insignia in the corner and i believe all of them for each country are in the zip files above (11 of them-size restrictions) and im glad nobody has found any data errors in many hours now. I checked on the berlin brigade and who ever did there research before was pretty much right on except for that german brigade.
Rangers Lead the Way
04-11-2007, 01:46 PM,
thanks elxaime, i just double checked and the 82nd pic r in the american zip file above, im assuming u know where to put them but for anyone here-

c:
program files
hps simulations
north german plain 85
what ever country (aka American)
units

then drop them in the units folder shoudnt overright unless u already have them
Rangers Lead the Way
04-11-2007, 02:10 PM,
Thanks. For some of them it is difficult to know, though, what files go into which folder unless you are familiar with them already.

Given some of Radetzsky's comments, were you planning to rework any more of this fine scenario? We were thinking of this for a team game but are in no rush if you are planning to issue a new version. It might be easier to handle the unit artwork issues in a comprehensive one-stop way.

Great work though.
04-11-2007, 02:35 PM,
For me ive seen these folders for hours i could tell u off the top of my head where everything is, if the zip file says polish take it to the unit folder inside the polish folder and drop them in, they will show up in the game. There have been no data issues in the last 24 hours and i know of 2 people over 20 turns already and ive run it many times and havnt found anything, not saying there is none but feeling confident. I would like to get 1 folder with the extra graphic as soon as we know off all the ones not in but except for a few odd ones i believe there all posted, but because of size limits on uploads id have to find out how to go about and doing that. As far as reworking, not at the moment, everything runs great and no data issues so i think u guys should start playing, then with your comments afterward on play balance i can make adjustments and change the berlin brg and ace mobile but so far i havnt found anything to change them two, i know luxembourg had 2 mot inf companys in ace and in the game there r 2 lux mot inf com.

u guys go play and let me know whats going on when u have a chance and choose your strategys wise it could make or break ya

out for the night

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-11-2007, 07:11 PM,
folks,

got a game going last night as SACEUR and i must say
there really is a leap up in gameplay quality - the pact
troops come fast and hard at NATO, crushing the forward
elements on the first day. in the light of my earlier campaign
experience, i decided not to withdraw the u.s. cavalry from
its border positions and now they're gone! so aaron's
improvements definitely pay off, well done.

aaron,

thanks again for posting all the unit pics, greatly appreciated.

since SPI's boardgame 'Berlin 1985' was used as the reference
for the berlin OOB, you may fancy a look at the attached article,
dealing with the shortcomings of that game.

will try and find something for the ACE mf OOB.

cheers
jan

Attached Files
.doc   berlin85.doc (Size: 49.5 KB / Downloads: 12)
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
04-11-2007, 11:18 PM,
I'm an arrant fool . look at the 11eme RCH Berlin's french garrison and sure it have only thee squadrons and the 3rd one have AMX13 with 90mm gun the tow first AMX 30.

04-12-2007, 12:18 AM,
wow thats a great article jan and ill go over it and make changes to the oob, the good news is the names on the units are correct i think just a rework of unit sizes and strengths and eliminating the w german brigade is in order but by doing so there will be know way of holding berlin, how about bunkers and pillboxes, does anyone know if berlin is like modern korea, in korea u drive down the road and they have bunkers already in place, i was wondering if berlin was the same way, with prepared bunkers year around in the 1980s

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-12-2007, 01:08 AM,
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
04-12-2007, 06:11 AM,
hey jan, last night i actually found an lux army website that told me 2 mot inf com and 1 scout com where in ace in 1985 so maybe instead of searching ace im trying to search just regular old army sites from the actual countrys.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way