• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

NGP Total War In Germany scenario at the H2H.
04-10-2007, 01:32 AM,
Thumbs_Up  NGP Total War In Germany scenario at the H2H.
New scenario uploaded by tazaaron..........:)

West Germany, June 10th 1985: For four decades the armies of East and West had faced each other in the center of Germany. Though initially allies, these forces had long ago become bitter rivals, each prepared to enter mortal combat with the other if the need arose. The armies of NATO, in the Central Army Group (CENTAG) and Northern Army Group (NORTHAG), were the single largest grouping of the Free World's military power on Earth. Comprising most of the West German military, the NATO force also boasted the cream of the British Army in the British Army of the Rhine (BAOR), the best of the US Army in its Vth and VIIth Corps, and the pick of the Dutch, Belgian, and Canadian forces as well. Facing them were the best the Warsaw Pact could muster, five full armies composed of troops from the Soviet Union, East Germany, and Poland. Thousands of aircraft filled bases on both sides of the Iron Curtain, and each side husbanded stockpiles of fuel, ammunition, and supplies. All that remained was for a crisis to arise, and the order for war to be given. In the summer of 1985, that crisis arrived. The USSR launched its "berserker strategy" of attack from garrison, depending on complete surprise to gain the initial, crucial advantage over NATO. Through the Fulda Gap and across the north German plain, the red forces surged, catching the West's guardians unprepared. In the south, two armies drove towards Frankfurt and the heart of West Germany, while in the north three armies crashed across the watery, wooded landscape towards the Ruhr and the Netherlands. World War III in Europe had begun, and the fate of the Western alliance hung in the balance. [Size: large] Designer note: Explicit Supply is possible. * This is a special campaign that combines both Fulda Gap '85 and North German Plain '85, must also have the Ich bin ein Berliner installed and AF North for graphics. also should be updated with latest 1.04 patch. Adapted by Dave "Sgt Fury" Gillies to use the extended map with berlin. Changed by Aaron 1. Moved reinforcement dates up and down mostly up.
2. Moved Pact Realease times up a few hours.
3. Reduced Interdiction damage to 10% from 25% for both sides.
4. Decrease Pact interdiction to 6%.
5. Increase Nato Intercept to 25% from 15%.
6. Added more strategys and options including 82nd(3), ace mobile force(4), polish airbourne(3), polish marine(2), and additional options on existing ones.
7. Deleted Options to land 82nd in Berlin and added options for 3 landings in West Germany.
8. Change reinforcement date of the 101st to the 12th and change there location to Hannover Airport. Yes Berlin is on its own, it never made any sense to land 2 divisions in a surrounded city with no strategic value for either side when if a soviet arm div is rolling down the center of brussels who cares if u still have berlin.
9.New Units either starting map or reinforcement:
XVIII Airbourne Corps HQ,rein
AFNORTH,st
Ace Mobile Force,rein
Danish Jutland Division,st
26 Fallschimeijer Bde,st
4th Can Mech,st
197th Inf Mech,st
rest of 2nd Arm(2 Bde),rein
1st Cav Div,rein on the 19th
Polish Marine and Airbourne Divs to Jutland,st
3 spetsnaz companys Jutland,st
French 2-3 Corps,rein between 14th-20th
6 french air units on the 12th
1 new russian corps of 4 Divs(1 arm 3 Mrd) on the 16th
10. Added Victory Point Hexes in Jutland
11. Decreased Nato mines to 70
12. Completely redone pact AI to take advantage of the new command in latest patch and to make it more effiecent while moving, plus my thinking was 1 div 1 road on the whole front so it hits u everywhere and u cant just bottle him up on a couple bridges.
13. Told Pact Ai to lay some engineering bridges.
14. Improved punch of Cobras and Apaches (someone had complained somewhere)
15. Added an Air Defence Reg to all soviet and east german divisions and the 3 polish armys. 16 zsu each
16. Made the 101st airmobile but since theres only enough air assets to lift roughlly 1/3 of a battalion i reduced movement to roughlly 1/3 so your not flying the whole div 1/2 way accross the map.
17. Bunch of other minor fixes i call them.
18. Changed air drop loss rate to reflect 82nd and ace mobile force landing in freindlly territory.

If you want to download this scenario you can find it here....
https://www.theblitz.club/h2h_production...p?ladder=3
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2007, 02:50 AM,
RE: NGP Total War In Germany scenario at the H2H.
aaron,

very nicely done, two thumbs up.

it was about time someone integrated
AFNORTH into the big picture and got
rid of some of the most obvious errors.

hope to see more of your work.

just a quick notice - since you renamed the
HQ components in the OOB, the related bitmaps
don't show up in the unit window anymore.

cheers
jan

p.s.
if only they'd do SOUTHAG and the czechs next...
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
04-10-2007, 04:10 AM,
yah i know of the pics and i have them all just trying to find which ones, i didnt keep very good track of them, i need someone to load up the game in the editor and copy the missing pic file and get it to me then i can upload the miissing ones or the ones i made, i have 4 different peoples pic so i cant find them all need someone with the vanilla game to get them off the scenario editor

thank Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-10-2007, 04:52 AM,
I didn't check all the units, but did notice the Polish Marines didn't have portraits.
04-10-2007, 05:32 AM,
hey outlaw u can get into the editor buy c: / program files / hps simulations / north german plain 85 / mcedit / load in total war in germany 1985 2.0 and in the top left corner chose files and there is a missing unit pictures- click on that and it will give u every unit with no pic and maybe copy it and forward it to me. I know when i started this i planned on just modding it for myself and things just kept rolling and looking back i might not have changed them but its a simple fix just a few extra pics for everyone as soon as i find them all.

Thanks Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-10-2007, 06:59 AM,
Foul -

What optionals do you recommend for playing this H2H? We are organizing a team game - see the other thread.

Also, we have a spot empty for Warsaw Pact overall commander - interested?
04-10-2007, 08:49 AM,
options, what ever you use in any other team or 1 on 1 game, the game was designed for balance in human on human so go for it, im very interested in feedback on it. U guys will need some extra graphics, putting that together now hope to post tomorrow, i know the 82,101st and polish marine div u most likly dont have and i believe theres about 12 other odd ones that im looking for

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-10-2007, 09:44 AM,
aaron

fixing the broken links to the unit bitmaps just takes
some time, no big deal really.

i already improvised some pics for the air- and heliborne
american units, using bitmaps from other Modern Campaign
games, adding a heli here and there. nothing brilliant but
it does the job.

after filing through the 82nd and 101st TOE, it seems these
two units are quite powerful in comparison to their vanilla
brothers - e.g. higher hard attack and better range. not to
speak of the nasty 100 point hard attack helis. i can imagine
these formations will terminate most games quite soon after
they appear - will get a testing run done till next week.

if you fancy any help on missing bitmaps or tech data, i'd
be more than glad to help you out.

cheers
jan
'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.'
- Groucho Marx
04-10-2007, 11:00 AM,
thanks radetzky they r overpowered i didnt realize it and ive gone through it 100 times i guess thats what testing is for, as for the hel i found 100 att in original vanilla but thought i found them all, will have it all fixed in 30 min and upload new oob.

Thanks again

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM,
Hi -

Havent gone through all the units yet, but noticed the East German T-72 at 235,218 starts at 75 percent strenght - this looks like a mistake. Will let you know if I see any others.