• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mine kampf
04-13-2007, 09:12 AM,
RE: Mine kampf
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Sorry mate you've lost me, did you mean to put this in the Mines thread?

It's obvious I lost you since you sent me two emails asking if why I posted this here....

Maybe this will help....

Ratzki wrote:

I had to wait till that crew vacated the area before my pioneers would throw the charge as I guess they figured the crew would get hurt otherwise. Now with the crew's morale being BROKE, this took an extra long time.

Check your own posts in this thread POS...you wrote:

Yes and I've also sometimes seen pioneers refuse to throw satchel charges if the car is immobd, as if they don't want to risk killing it. I'm still trying to find a way to make them throw in such situations but I get the impression they will tend to throw if we don't order them to do it, maybe they don't like to be pushed, I'm not sure..

I was trying to explain to you why that was happening. You won't see it with graphics though. In fact if the target area is too close to friendly troops you won't see it at all.

Hope this clears this all up for you.

Good Hunting.

MR
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2007, 09:47 AM,
RE:�� Mine kampf
Mad Russian Wrote:Hope this clears this all up for you.

No mate, I haven't a clue what you're talking about. You mentioned tanks won't fire in the 30-metre zone, but whats that got to do with mines?
Anyway tanks will fire within 30m of friendly units..
04-13-2007, 10:11 AM,
So, when are you guys getting married?
04-13-2007, 10:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-13-2007, 01:12 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
04-15-2007, 07:11 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:Ha ha ha, Mad Russian has been habitually arguing with me for 2 years at Proving Grounds and now he's followed me to do it at Blitz.. ;)

Nobody's followed you anywhere. I think I was a member here before you were if you'll check.

We all get to join in tactical discussions unless I have missed something and your posts are private.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-15-2007, 07:57 AM,
RE:�� Mine kampf
Mad Russian Wrote:We all get to join in tactical discussions unless I have missed something and your posts are private.

Mate, you opened a brandnew thread in which you said - "POS says that tanks and others will fire within 30 meters of friendly troops. I say they won't"
I therefore had to prove you wrong by posting a screenshot illustrating the distance was 20 metres and also pointing you to a thread I'd already done on the subject.
Your new thread was therefore a complete waste of valuable forum space and misleading for noobs, you could simply have gone to the existing thread of mine to discuss it there.
I don't mind people arguing with me but they should at least be certain they're right first.. ;)
04-15-2007, 09:15 AM,
OK, gentlemen. All your posts are helpful. Thank you.
05-09-2007, 08:30 PM,
Interesting snippet from Cmbb Manual -
p135 - Minefields can be reduced or eliminated by shellfire(though this will not be explicitly shown - you just have to judge roughly by how many craters you see and hope)
05-11-2007, 04:53 AM,
Quote:Yes and I've also sometimes seen pioneers refuse to throw satchel charges if the car is immobd, as if they don't want to risk killing it. I'm still trying to find a way to make them throw in such situations but I get the impression they will tend to throw if we don't order them to do it, maybe they don't like to be pushed, I'm not sure..

I have been able to use a group of Pioneers to Area Target a minefield (got tired of waiting for them to throw one off their bat) and during the first turn of firing they flung one of their satchel charges (very expensive on ammo tho'). It missed by about 5 metres, which is a little sad, considering they were only 10 metres away. Admittedly there were no friendlies in the picture so it may not be strictly relevant, and it didn't clear the minefield, but they did throw away their satchel charge. ?? Maybe I'm missing the point. ;)

Good graphics and explanations by the way POS.
05-11-2007, 01:39 PM,
tagcm Wrote:
Quote:Yes and I've also sometimes seen pioneers refuse to throw satchel charges if the car is immobd, as if they don't want to risk killing it. I'm still trying to find a way to make them throw in such situations but I get the impression they will tend to throw if we don't order them to do it, maybe they don't like to be pushed, I'm not sure..

I have been able to use a group of Pioneers to Area Target a minefield (got tired of waiting for them to throw one off their bat) and during the first turn of firing they flung one of their satchel charges (very expensive on ammo tho'). It missed by about 5 metres, which is a little sad, considering they were only 10 metres away. Admittedly there were no friendlies in the picture so it may not be strictly relevant, and it didn't clear the minefield, but they did throw away their satchel charge. ?? Maybe I'm missing the point. ;)

Good graphics and explanations by the way POS.

You are missing the point. If you have them area fire the minefield by ordering the attack it is nowhere near as effective as if they do it on their own.

Good Hunting.

MR