• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mine kampf
04-02-2007, 05:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2007, 02:02 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
Mine kampf
[Image: mines-icons.jpg]

[Image: mines1.jpg]

(Note - Even if any kind of mine explodes it doesn't vanish, it still remains 'live' and deadly til the end of the game (unless cleared)

BURIED ANTI-TANK MINES TEST DEMONSTRATION
PIC 1 -The Russians have placed a buried AT-minefield in this gap
[Image: mine1.jpg]

PIC 2 - But of course the Germans can't see it yet
[Image: mine2.jpg]

PIC 3 - The Germans begin moving and the leading infantry platoon walks straight through the mines without seeing or triggering them, because only tanks and vehicles trigger AT-mines..
[Image: mine3.jpg]

PIC 4 - However when the armoured car tries to move through, it's blown up and the mine icon appears on the map.
This is the ONLY way in CM to find buried AT-mines, by having something drive over them and get toasted, which is why it's a good idea to let cheap cars lead an armoured advance instead of valuable tanks.
Note -there's a 33% chance a minefield won't be triggered when entered, and you still won't know there's one there, but you can always send two or more cars through gaps to increase the chance of triggering.
Oh, and although you can use jeeps, kubels and trucks instead of armoured cars, it's not a good idea because they're very fragile and can be hurt too easily by enemy small arms fire, and often won't survive long enough to lead your advance..��
[Image: mine4.jpg]

PIC 5 -I order the pioneer platoon to run into the minefield to clear it because ordinary infantry can't clear mines..
[Image: mine4A.jpg]

PIC 6- They throw satchel charges (arrowed) into the minefield and bingo, its cleared (inset - notice the mine icon disappears)..
[Image: mine5.jpg]

PIC 7 - Breakthrough! the panzers stream through the cleared gap..(pushing the immobd car to one side!)
[Image: mine10.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2007, 07:25 AM,
RE: Mine kampf
I just had an armoured car bite the big one with a minefield and the crew bailed and laid under the armoured car. I had to wait till that crew vacated the area before my pioneers would throw the charge as I guess they figured the crew would get hurt otherwise. Now with the crew's morale being BROKE, this took an extra long time.
04-02-2007, 08:06 AM,
Yes and I've also sometimes seen pioneers refuse to throw satchel charges if the car is immobd, as if they don't want to risk killing it. I'm still trying to find a way to make them throw in such situations but I get the impression they will tend to throw if we don't order them to do it, maybe they don't like to be pushed, I'm not sure..
04-02-2007, 09:46 AM,
I am currently playing The Coil in a CMAK scenario and, while my Yank infantry advanced over terrain, anti-tank mines appeared on the map in front of me. No AFVs involved. Does that mean they are "daisy chain" mines?
04-02-2007, 11:20 AM,
DAISYCHAIN AT-MINES

PIC 1 - Daisies are easily seen because they sit on top of the ground..
[Image: dais1.jpg]

PIC 2 - Move your pioneers up to them..
[Image: dais2.jpg]

PIC 3 - And after a short while they vanish (inset)..
[Image: daisend.jpg]
04-02-2007, 11:40 AM,
ANTI-PERSONNEL MINES

PIC 1 - The road up ahead looks clear because the mines are buried..
[Image: pers1.jpg]

PIC 2 - An armoured car drives through them without seeing or triggering them because only infantry will trigger them..
[Image: pers2.jpg]

PIC 3 - The leading infantry platoon walks into the minefield, triggering it and taking casualties.That's the only way to find anti-personnel mines, by walking somebody into them to trigger them. Its icon now appears on map.
Infantry triggers anti-personnel mines 80% of the time..
[Image: pers4.jpg]

PIC 4 - The pioneers are ordered up to throw satchel charges (arrowed) and successfully clear the mines (inset).
WARNING - don't walk them nearer than 10 metres to the mine icon or they'll get blown up themselves.
Note the survivors of the infantry platoon up front crawled through and around the field and formed up further on, minus a few individual men..
[Image: pers6.jpg]
04-11-2007, 03:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2007, 07:29 PM by _UXcva.)
04-11-2007, 04:34 PM,
Here's one of Bootie's favorites ...

[Image: Minefield.jpg]
04-12-2007, 10:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-12-2007, 10:01 PM by Mad Russian.)
The CM TacAI won't fire if you have troops within the 30 meter affected area zone in CM. When infantry fires it affects basically a square(the map is put together in 25 meter squares). Or roughly 25 meters. I think the game actually won't fire within 30 meters of a KNOWN friendly unit. Now you can certainly give orders that move a friendly into a line of fire. But trying to fire into an area where both units are known and in LOS of each other just won't happen.

Tanks will refuse to fire main guns with friendlies inside that same zone as well. They will take the targeting order just fine. Then during the turn they won't fire.

Hope this helps.

Good Hunting.

MR
04-12-2007, 11:39 PM,
Sorry mate you've lost me, did you mean to put this in the Mines thread?