• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bridge work
12-17-2007, 01:33 AM,
RE: Bridge work
I've just blown a different light bridge in the same scenario with two demo charges; that was actually a surprise and I wasn't quite ready! It seems that with this one limited experience that there is a random element to how many demo charges are needed.

It is probably also better to use the middle of the bridge; I placed the first two demo charges for each bridge probably too close to the end of the bridge/road. After that, for one of the bridges I placed two demo charges into the middle and it is still standing [after a total of 4 demo charges now], so hopefully one more will bring it down as it is heavily damaged...
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-2007, 04:29 PM,
BLOWN BRIDGE GRAPHIC APPEARS EVEN WITHOUT LOS

This cmbb test shows that when a bridge is blown, it's replaced by a blown graphic seen by all units even if they have no LOS.

TURN 1 - At the start of the game before any action the Germans at bottom can't see the bridge and it appears normal..
[Image: BridgeA.png]

TURN 2 - The Russians then blow the bridge..
[Image: BridgeB.png]

TURN 3 - At the start of the German turn the bridge shows as blown even though they can't see it...
[Image: BridgeC.png]
12-27-2007, 04:38 PM,
RNL quotes -I guess that it is harder to blow bridges in CMAK?...
It seems..that there is a random element to how many demo charges are needed...
It is probably also better to use the middle of the bridge...
----------------------------------------------------

Dunno if cmak bridges are easier or harder to blow than cmbb, i've never tested it in cmak.
But as for the random element and the middle of the bridge, yes to that, at least in cmbb, I tested it in post#1
12-27-2007, 07:20 PM,
Is there a chance that the germans can tell because they can see the dust cloud? What if were over a forrested ridge?
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM,
I also asked my opponent in CMAK whether he could see the bridge that I had blown up - he said that he could not. That was the answer that I would have expected...
12-28-2007, 06:30 AM,
Okay, I went back into the editor and put this range of high hills between the Germans and the bridge, then got the Russians to blow it on turn 1 again.
I then waited 5 turns to make sure the dust had gone, then took this screenshot.
The Germans can see the bridge is blown!
Makes sense to me, as in real life I'm sure an attacker would make recce flights (abstracted in CM) to get vital intelligence about which bridges are up or down before launching an attack..

[Image: Bridge2.png]
12-29-2007, 12:54 AM,
nice work, POS...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
03-28-2008, 10:02 AM,
[Image: lightbrdge.jpg]
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM,
Russia
[Image: russ-bri.jpg]

Russia
[Image: russ-brdge.jpg]

Russia