• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry against armour
04-18-2007, 01:20 PM,
RE:��Infantry against armour
McIvan Wrote:Things that fire without target lines, such as panzerfausts and rifle grenades, will do so without regard to covered arcs.....

Ach sooo...
Very interesting...

PS - I've just opened a 'Hide' thread
Quote this message in a reply
04-18-2007, 03:48 PM,
RE:��Infantry against armour
Nort Wrote:[Image: BritInf.jpg]

Infantry swarming around it like deadly ants.. :)
04-22-2007, 02:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 08:00 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Infantry against armour
Russian AT-Rifle

[Image: ATR-ville.jpg]
04-22-2007, 11:27 PM,
looks like he's going to give that tree a lesson.... :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
04-23-2007, 01:04 AM,
I'm beginning to suspect that magnetic hollow charges only work as part of an assaut on the target. Spike, do you already know the answer?
04-23-2007, 04:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 08:03 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
GERMAN MAGNETIC AT-MINE IN ACTION

PIC 1 - In this test a static kneeling German squad sees a T-34 trundling by.
Note they have 4 x magnetic AT mines..
[Image: magmine1.jpg]

PIC 2 - They throw it at 40 metres, note the throwers arm swinging but also note no mine graphic appears, this is normal in CM because in real life troops must run up to the tank and plonk the mine on it, so CM abstracts the procedure.
Note there are now 3 mines left.
Inset -BAM!
[Image: magmineB.jpg]

German magnetic AT-mine
[Image: magmine2.jpg]
11-29-2007, 10:19 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-29-2007, 10:23 PM by RNL Tiger.)
I am pleased with this infantry against armour attack because it is the first time I have used infantry to successfully KO an enemy tank against a human opponent. Anyway, to the action...

This squad had previously moved behind the main building as the British are laying down heavy HE fire. They have their usual complement of weapons as well as 3xpanzerfaust-30k and 1xgrenade bundle. They wait in ambush to hit any infantry that cross the road and enter the building. However, two Shermans are flanking the position with the intent to knockout the Howitzer that support the infantry.

The two Shermans advance together and one is KO'd by the howitzer but the second one stops behind this building and KO's the howitzer. The squad knows they will not have long to get to the tank before additional reinforcements arrive on the scene...

[Image: InfantryPreparetoKOSherman.jpg]

The squad rush to the building and then let rip with their 3 panzerfaust-30k and grenade bundle. Whilst one of the panzerfaust penetrates the armour it seems to be the grenade bundle that finally forces the crew to abandon and they are then immediately eliminated...

Mission accomplished! But the squad need to get out of here fast...
[Image: InfantryKOSherman.jpg]

The squad race back to the main building for safety but just before they get there another tank opens fire killing two of them. As they crawl into the cover of the heavy building it collapses from all the HE fire of the advancing British forces leaving just two squad survivors. The flag is being overrun but the last remnants of this squad and the platoon still occupy the rubble and await their fate... There is no time to run or hide it is kill or be killed.
12-01-2007, 09:37 PM,
an intresting threat and intresting info, if 35M or so is a good range for grenades and such whats a good range to set for ATGMs and MGs?
Bis peccare in bello no licet - One cannot blunder twice in war.
12-02-2007, 06:03 AM,
klanx171 Wrote:whats a good range to set for ATGMs and MGs?

MG's can hurt or pin infantry even at long range, so I often don't give them an arc, I just let them shoot at any range.
But with AT-guns it depends what gun you've got, and what armour the enemy's got.
For example if you've got a big powerful gun that can kill any armour, let it fire at long range, but if it's a medium gun that might have trouble penetrating thick armour, give it a shorter arc.
And if its just a small baby gun give it a 20-metre arc to stop it firing at all against thick armour.
In fact when I start a game I give all my AT-guns a 20-metre arc, then wait til I see the enemy and know what type of tanks he's got, then I set new arcs to ranges I know they can penetrate at.
12-02-2007, 08:05 AM,
Yes, chances are you will lose your ATG after it opens up so watch the trade