• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Infantry against armour
04-06-2007, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 07:52 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE: Infantry against armour
They look like light sabres!

Waddya say Darth?

"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, it will soon see the end of the Rebellion"

[Image: vader.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
04-06-2007, 10:44 AM,
INFANTRY THROW WHILE SNEAKING
This is interesting because it means inf won't wait to come to a stop before throwing a grenade (yellow line below)
Also notice the long 38 metres range which is pretty good although the furthest I've ever seen infantry throw a grenade is 40 m.
(But they'll only throw heavier stuff like gren-bundles out to around 30 metres or so)
PS - The Panther was killed when the grenade hit, normally it'd take more than one to kill a Panther but it'd taken crew casualties earlier so they were shaky and quick to abandon)

[Image: infvpanA.jpg]
04-06-2007, 04:42 PM,
RE:��Infantry against armour
PoorOldSpike Wrote:They look like light sabres!

Waddya say Darth?

"Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the end of Kenobi, it will soon see the end of the Rebellion"

[Image: vaderby1.jpg]

The crew said "Beam me up Scotty !"
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
04-10-2007, 01:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 07:56 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
[Image: wurf-action.jpg]
04-18-2007, 03:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2007, 07:55 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RIFLE-GRENADE IN ACTION
(from a game against DevilThomas)
1 - I put this German halfsquad here simply as a forward observation post to report on enemy movements, note the minimum-arc (15m) to stop them firing and giving away their position.
However, a T-70 comes trundling down the road and to my surprise they fire a rifle-grenade at it (the arrowed small grey airborne dot)
2 - The first one misses but this second one hits.
3 - Scratch one T-70!

[Image: rifgrenA.jpg]

Looks like yer gonna have ter get yerself another tank bub..

[Image: rifgrenB.jpg]

Tactical notes -Interestingly the guys fired outside their infantry-arc at an armoured target, maybe they thought it was too good a chance to miss.
Also note they were out of command, I think all o-o-c units sometimes tend to ignore arcs.
Note the range was 39m, that's about par for the course with rifle-grenades, I've never seen one fired at more than about 40m

Below - Rifle-grenades
[Image: CM-rifgren.jpg]

[Image: rifgren4.jpg]

Good site here about several different types of rif-grens-
http://www.inert-ord.net/ger03a/gerrg2/index.html
04-18-2007, 03:58 AM,
Nice pics POS... interesting to note they fired outwith their arc too.
04-18-2007, 10:17 AM,
[Image: BritInf.jpg]
04-18-2007, 11:53 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:I put this German halfsquad here simply as a forward observation post to report on enemy movements, note the minimum-arc (15m) to stop them firing and giving away their position

Why not gve them a hide order instead?
04-18-2007, 12:32 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2007, 12:40 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:�� Infantry against armour
Peek Wrote:Why not gve them a hide order instead?

Because they spot pretty bad with their faces planted in the dirt, the first they'll usually know of the enemies presence is when they feel a rifle barrel in the back of their neck..;)
I usually only use 'Hide' to try to break the lock of incoming enemy fire, and at the same time I cancel any fire order my boy has got, and slap a minimum-arc on him.
It's my way of telling him to face-plant, not fire back, and to hold his fire lest he draws enemy fire..
04-18-2007, 12:44 PM,
Things that fire without target lines, such as panzerfausts and rifle grenades, will do so without regard to covered arcs.....