RE: Whoosh..
mugger2006 Wrote:...
You need to calculate the logarithm:

You have been awarded with your first clickey for the correct solution
Quote this message in a reply
10-19-2007, 10:00 PM,
The Coil Wrote:Dear Kineas,

I think listening to Leto has befuddled you. Your question has little letters in it, whereas math traditionally uses numbers.

Sincerely,
The Coil

We use symbolic math here on the Blitz :cool2:
10-19-2007, 11:05 PM,
LUCK QUOTES

"Luck has a peculiar habit of favoring those who don't depend on it" - Anon

"Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men"- E.B.White

"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators" - Edward Gibbon

"Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it.... Luck to me is something else.....realizing what is opportunity and what isn't" - Lucille Ball

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit" -R.E. Shay

"Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer" -Anon

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

"Luck is believing you're lucky" - Tennessee Williams

"A person does not seek luck, luck seeks the person" - Turkish proverb

"I deserved my good luck" - Margaret Thatcher
10-19-2007, 11:43 PM,
A couple of dutch sayings (proverbs) about luck (translated rather loosely):
Luck is with the clever
Luck must be enforced
10-20-2007, 12:15 AM,
kineas Wrote:
[hirr Wrote:Leto]
Okay you nincompoops, I can't stand it any longer.

And you repeated everything I said :)

Homework: if a shot has x% chance to hit, how many shots do you have to fire to ensure y% to kill?

Yes, but the way I repeated it was much more clear and ever so parsimonious.

: )

(I didn't see your post on it previous)

Let's not get into calculus and advanced statistics here, I do that for work, and don't necessarily want to overlap it too much with my hobby!

: )

Cheers!

Leto
10-20-2007, 07:14 PM,
McIvan Wrote:And your chance of rolling 6 x twos in a row is 1/6x6x6x6x6x6, or 1/46,656.

Which is 0.00214%, leaving the other 99.99786% for the probability that at least one roll would have produced a different number.

I hope the opponent bought the first beer.

That matches my calculation. Unfortunately, my opponent was not old enough to buy alcoholic beverages. I was a loser all around.
10-20-2007, 07:20 PM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:LUCK QUOTES

"Luck has a peculiar habit of favoring those who don't depend on it" - Anon

"Luck is not something you can mention in the presence of self-made men"- E.B.White

"The winds and waves are always on the side of the ablest navigators" - Edward Gibbon

"Luck? I don't know anything about luck. I've never banked on it.... Luck to me is something else.....realizing what is opportunity and what isn't" - Lucille Ball

"Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it didn't work for the rabbit" -R.E. Shay

"Luck is when opportunity knocks and you answer" -Anon

"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity" - Seneca

"Luck is believing you're lucky" - Tennessee Williams

"A person does not seek luck, luck seeks the person" - Turkish proverb

"I deserved my good luck" - Margaret Thatcher

= "It's mid 1943. I have 'Crack' Tigers and you don't, sucker!"
11-25-2007, 05:17 AM,
And as I said earlier, Lady Luck can be a fickle witch..
30 years ago I pedalled my bike up and down our street in heavy snow while my sister and brother-in-law pelted me with snowballs,great fun, and not once did I even come close to losing control and falling off, you should have seen me throwing that machine around with high-speed passes, violent evasive manoeuvres, high-G u-turns, the lot..
So, brimming with confidence next day, I decided to pedal into town in the snow rather than taking the bus in order to show off my bike-handling skills to the crowds.
But Lady Luck deserted me and I hit the deck at high speed in front of a bus stop queue in the city centre, sliding along in an untidy heap on top of my bike with my chin acting like a snowplough and my foot jammed in the spokes.
I got straight back up smiling and bowing to my audience of course, and got straight back in the saddle and arrived home without further incident and promptly fainted on the living room floor with a combination of cold, shock to the system and pain in my foot but nobody was around to see it except the cat..:)
12-07-2007, 08:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-07-2007, 08:54 PM by RNL Tiger.)
When selecting forces for a QB and you wanted infantry AT units - would you select the "Whoosh" weapons or Tank Hunter teams or both?
12-08-2007, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2007, 12:33 AM by Der Kuenstler.)
RNL Tiger Wrote:When selecting forces for a QB and you wanted infantry AT units - would you select the "Whoosh" weapons or Tank Hunter teams or both?

Definitely the schreks or piats are the choice. THey have a much longer range and can be used offensively. The TH teams must throw their weapons and so have to be closer. The early soviet TH teams have only molotovs which are generally useless against tanks - I usually buy them to walk around behind enemy lines looking for AT guns and FOs since they have 2 Ppsh smgs.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift