• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Whoosh..
12-08-2007, 01:02 AM,
RE: Whoosh..
Do they always make it into your force selection for a QB? [When defending against POS I did not elect to buy any schrecks as they have previously performed poorly at any distance. Was that decision a mistake?]
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2007, 12:19 AM,
I don't always use them - there has to be woods houses for them to hide and move in and in some months of the war they cost too much.

They are worth it if you get vet or crack level and then don't fire them unless they are at about half or 1/3 maximum range. Like if a schrek has a 200m range I wouldn't shoot unless I was within 70m or so, unless desperate. Also get them at a time of the war when the rarity is low. I would definitely defend with them - put a 60m armor cover arc on them and wait in the woods for those AFVs.
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
03-12-2008, 07:51 AM,
[Image: schk-tren.jpg]
03-18-2008, 03:05 AM,
I believe if you concentrate on whats going right you will see opportunities and if you concentrate on whats going wrong you will see impending disasters. In this game you don't always know how badly you've hurt the enemy so it is easy to think you've lost the game when you haven't. Still, when all your tanks are burning its hard to ignore.
06-26-2008, 04:36 AM,
Fausts will fire outside their arcs

In this test a German squad is equipped with 4 x fausts (ringed in white)
(black line is its broken HQ link)
[Image: faustsa.gif]

I order the T-34 to roll forward on 'move'. When it comes within range (30 metres because these were Pzfaust-30's),the squad immediately fire a faust at it (grey dot) even though it's outside the arc.
(For the record the squad fired all 4 fausts during the turn,1 penetrated but did no damage, and the other 3 missed)
[Image: faustsb.gif]

I re-ran the test but this time I put the squad on 'Hide' and it didn't fire.
Moral- if you want your units to hold their fire, slap a 'hide' on them.
[Image: faustsc.gif]
07-30-2008, 04:05 AM,
PIAT. Normandy
[Image: PIAT-norm.gif]