• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Taking flak
07-27-2007, 10:55 PM,
RE: Taking flak
Yes it is,but only if you have LOS to the target your plane is attacking.If not,all you'll see is the shadow of your plane and you'll hear the sound of it strafing or droping bombs.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
07-27-2007, 11:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2008, 11:01 PM by PoorOldSpike.)
Yes as Raz says, you have to be able to see the target unit that's being attacked. Here a Henschel is strafing a KV-1.
The German infantry can see the KV-1, so if you click on the tank, you can see the bomber -

[Image: air1.jpg]
07-28-2007, 12:27 AM,
12-15-2007, 09:40 AM,
Can you actually get to see the aircraft? I have a Yak-B9 straffing my forces and I can see its "tag", its shadow and the rocket trails of its fire but I cannot see the aircraft itself. Is that because it is abstracted and not actually modelled in game?
12-15-2007, 09:44 AM,
Is it possible to actually see the aircraft rather than just ID it? I can see a Yak-B9 attacking my forces in the sense that:
1) I can see the yellow line to it
2) I can see its shadow on the ground
3) I can see its attacking fire

But I cannot actually see the aircraft itself. Is it abstracted and so not actually modelled in game?
12-15-2007, 03:44 PM,
Not possible to see the plane....Battlefront figured (quite correctly I think) that it would be a waste of resources for such a fleeting glimpse of plane in the few battles where you actually employ them.
12-15-2007, 06:32 PM,
The same trick works if you have LOS to the target, you'll see your plane at the end of the yellow line. If you don't have LOS to the target then I guess it's impossible, though the craters made by the attack are not subject to FOW.
03-17-2008, 07:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-17-2008, 08:02 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
FLAK CAN HURT TANKS TOO..:)

Here, my test proves that a single German 20mm flak can immobilise a KV-1, force its crew to bail, and also damage a KV-1's gun.

1 - The flak immobilises the KV on only turn 1
2 - Confirms it really is a 20mm Flak
3 - After peppering the tank for more turns, the crew bail on turn 6
4 - In this separate test the 20mm Flak damages a KV's gun on turn 3

[Image: FlakvKV.gif]

PS - I already knew all the above anyway because I've had tanks immobd and suffer damaged guns in actual games, so the tests were just to convince the unbelievers out there..;)
03-17-2008, 08:32 AM,
POS: the KV was a veteran or what ?

As I understand it is possible to force the crew of a green or conscript KV to bail, but not the crew of a higher experienced tank. Never did any testing myself, but read it in a post over at the battlefront forum by JasonC.
03-17-2008, 11:35 AM,
BertBlitzkrieg (FGM) Wrote:POS: the KV was a veteran or what ?

Regular.
But I've just run tests with an Elite KV-1 which show that -

1 - An Elite crew doesn't protect an AFV from hits, as in one test the KV was immobd on turn 1, just like the Regular.

2 - But the Elite crew in the immobd tank didn't bail even though I kept peppering the tank until the Flak 20mm's ammo ran out around turn 12.

3 - However, in another test the Elite crew DID bail out of their immobd tank when they suffered a crew casualty by 'flaking' later on.