• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Fighting tight
07-17-2007, 07:01 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM by kineas.)
RE: Fighting tight
I think this is the same as the old firepower vs maneuver debate. Having packs at the right place is priceless, but map control isn't that bad either.

http://www.army.mil/cmh/books/Lineage/M-F/index.htm
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2007, 07:40 AM,
RE:��Fighting tight
McIvan Wrote:Doesn't prove anything using Tigers if the opponent can't scratch them
He could have scratched them if he'd bought 57mm ATG's like he should have..
Like I said, he lost the game at the buy screen, simple as that.
NOOB NOTE - Always assume your oppo is going to come at you with the best armour available, so buy stuff that can take them out..
07-17-2007, 08:34 AM,
I agree Spike. I was just saying that because of the circumstances it doesn't prove anything re packs.
07-17-2007, 08:52 AM,
07-17-2007, 09:50 AM,
PoorOldSpike Wrote:
McIvan Wrote:Doesn't prove anything using Tigers if the opponent can't scratch them
He could have scratched them if he'd bought 57mm ATG's like he should have..
Like I said, he lost the game at the buy screen, simple as that.
NOOB NOTE - Always assume your oppo is going to come at you with the best armour available, so buy stuff that can take them out..
That's not necesarilly true.You are more likely to encounter(at least in CA battles i usually play) lighter stuff,like Stugs,Pz4s,Marders than Tigers/Panthers.And so,you usually pick your AT assets accordingly.If you are to face Pz4s,you won't need 57mm guns to do the job,76mm guns are more than enough.And since 76mm guns are usually 2-3 times cheaper than the 57mm ones,it makes sense to have 2-3 76mm guns for every 57mm gun you buy.So,you see,his force pick is quite reasonable.His only mistake was that he wasn't aware of what kind of battles YOU usually play :smoke: To be honest,i would have picked pretty much the same kit,if i was to play someone for the first time and had no idea what his usuall picks might be.Maybe i would have taken some extra tank hunters(if they had rpg grenades),but esentially-at least regarding the AT guns selection-it would had been :2-3 76mm guns and 1 57mm.
Send this user an email
07-17-2007, 09:54 AM,
Hey Mrs Clackett, what do you say to McIvan and Leto?

"**%%%###!!!@@@"
[Image: nagee4.jpg]
07-17-2007, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-17-2007, 10:47 AM by PoorOldSpike.)
RE:����Fighting tight
raz_atoth Wrote:His only mistake was that he wasn't aware of what kind of battles YOU usually play

Right, make a mistake against POS the Slayer and you're likely to walk away without your head.. :)
[Image: axeman.jpg]
07-20-2007, 03:49 AM,
Hey Mick,

Fighting tight only works in "tight" conditions, such as in towns, heavily wooded areas, and small maps... precisely the types of maps you favor to play.

I agree that odds matter in a brutal gun tankfight, but in my books, he who avoids direct conflict to better seek tactical advantage is the one who will often come out on top.

Unfortunately, those tactical advantages are usually addressed as "ghey", "cowardice", "gamey tactics", or "tricks", and in no way is positively associated with manliness, or true mad skilz in CM.

Sorry M8, but you have to adapt to your environment, opponent, and even your own habits before you can become an Elite player in this game. Your one size fits all methods just don't cut it as the universal "my way or highway" best practices to play CM that you are currently preaching.

This does not besmirch your excellent use of your POS tactics in many situations, as you do what you do well.

Game turn along shortly M8.

Cheers!

Leto

07-20-2007, 04:06 AM,
07-20-2007, 04:20 AM,
RE: ��Fighting tight