• Downloads

Shameless Plug
03-22-2007, 06:51 AM,
RE: Shameless Plug
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2007, 06:54 AM,
Don,

Can you tell me what differences there may be between the hardcover and softcover edition of your book? I am interested in buying a copy of your book, and I'm glad it is now available in softcover, but if the hardcover edition has more material or better maps and what not, then I may just buy the hardcover edition anyways. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jim
03-23-2007, 01:45 PM,
The contents of the hardcover and softcover editions are identical; as far as the softcover editions goes, the quality of this one is high; the paper stock (50# alkaline), font size, and page dimensions are identical to the hardcover. The only difference between the editions is the binding.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal inventory of the hardcover remaining. Amazon, B&N, and Books A Million all list the hardcover as a special order item at the present time. Checking up on it, I see that the publisher (McFarland) has pulled the hard cover from the direct order portion of their website, and only lists the softcover (preorders being taken, with release shortly). I assume that an order for the hardcopy through any of the major retailers will be fulfilled, however.

Among specialty military bookstores, it looks like the Aberdeen Bookstore has it in stock.

Anyone who wishes to receive an autographed copy, feel free to send it to my home address; I'll gladly sign it and get it shipped back to you. I live in Jacksonville, so if by any chance you are going to be in the North/Central Florida area, I would be glad to try and arrange a meeting to sign it in person.

My mailing address is: 1141 Buckbean Branch Lane East Jacksonville, FL 32259

For any fellow Floridians, I will be speaking at a seminar hosted by the Florida Writers Association next Sunday, April 1, at the library in New Port Ritchey (near Tampa). You might have a hard time getting a copy in advance of that session, but if you do, I would be happy to sign it while there.

Don