• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shameless Plug
03-20-2007, 12:36 PM,
Shameless Plug
"Patton's Vanguard - The United States Army Fourth Armored Division" is being released in softcover. Check it out at:

http://www.mcfarlandpub.com/book-2.php?i...864-3094-9

Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2007, 02:20 PM,
RE: Shameless Plug
Congratulations Don!!!!

It's not a shameless plug at all, you should be proud and if it was me the post would have had fireworks going off...LOL!!!

Thunder
03-20-2007, 03:47 PM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Shameless Plug
Not to mention it's a great read too! :thumbs_up:
03-20-2007, 05:45 PM,
Outstanding, Don :thumbs_up:

Do you plan to have your book translated into other languages? Would be great to find it in Poland...

Regards

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
03-20-2007, 09:03 PM,
... maybe in german / Germany too ?

Regards,
Stefan
I create and revise: Order of Battles, Table of Equipments, Weapon Values for Modern Wars (in work: DG Lebanon War 1982 - 1985, DG Falklands War and again CWE!)
03-20-2007, 11:55 PM,
Excellent, Don!!

That is fantastic news!!!

Hope you're doing well!

Take care and good luck
Jason Petho
Send this user an email
03-21-2007, 12:34 AM,
Outstanding effort..I had no idea this was even available...

Next time I get into a discussion about Patton on the MBs I may just shut up as I am clearly way out of my depth...

.:jaw:
03-21-2007, 01:34 AM,
I have the hardcover and it was certainly an excellent read. I highly recommend it to anyone with an interest in WW2 in general and in the US ETO in particular.
03-21-2007, 02:00 AM,
I have the hardcover as well and as Panther Bait said an excellent book. Would love to get mine signed someday if you're ever near Chicago on a book tour.

But are looking for added fun???? Play some of Don's scenarios that match some of the chapters in the book as I did. That takes CS to a whole new level. "Hitler's Last Gamble" is the one I enjoyed the most.
I promise it will be worth it!

(Note to Don: The Axis artillery never lets up in that scenario even though it was described in your book as low in suppply. Then again maybe I'm bitter :mad:as I didn't fare as well as the historical Americans ;);))
03-21-2007, 09:36 AM,
First of all.. thanks for all the kind words from everyone on the book...especially Fubar1's comment about the match-up with the scenarios. One of these days, I'll get to an entire series of scenarios that trace the entire campaign; I'm especially eager to do the November offensive. In the meantime, those with an interest should tap into the Troyes scene that Huib and I recently completed. Read along on pages 88-93, play the scenario, and you'll gain an appreciation for the fact that crossing the Seine was no cakewalk.

Fubar1, good observation regarding the German arty in "Hitler's Last Gamble". I sure wish that the CS engine allowed for different ammo settings for arty; it would be a great enhancement. I guess I could have reflected the situation by removing units from the OB, but the purist in me got the better of it. :)