• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Divisional Level Russian Front Game
03-21-2007, 06:42 AM,
RE: Divisional Level Russian Front Game
If you lookin for something to cover the esat front maybe you should consider the Russo German War, I have that game it is fine
Quote this message in a reply
03-23-2007, 03:13 PM,
No, "Russo-German War" isn't fine.

Schwerpunkt uses the purchasers of their games as beta-testers.

I'm glad you enjoy it redbear, but I hated it and I know others on this board feel the same as I do.
03-23-2007, 11:13 PM,
may be that is because i bought it recently already ver1.7 i didnt see or experiment all the bugs it had
03-24-2007, 11:42 AM,
I agree. RGW is not up to scratch IMHO, neither is the western front version. But each to their own. Some people like it, good luck to them.
03-25-2007, 11:31 PM,
lol fire in the east for toaw3 is a monster that will only increase the divorce rate while not returning adequate compensation...but thats taste...way to much counter density and the house rules make me want to just get out my original FIE..also the maps are severly flawed..there is a really good corp level scenario in toaw3 but it has same map problem...identical in fact...note the posisitions of vitebsk and orsha compared to a normal map. thats just starters..but that corps game plays well tho...very well...i like smolensk 41 with explicit supply...that scenario recreates the feel so well..it just needs to be played and perfected i think
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
03-29-2007, 08:46 PM,
I too have been looking for a Drang Nach Osten for my PC for ages

Yes the Holy Grail. I agree with comments made above, regarding what's out there. MacBride's Barbarossa scenario for TAOW III is my favorite for that game, given the game system issues. Russo-German War's user interface issues make it unplayable. Don't waste money on such a clunker (which I did) when Grigsby's War In Russia is FREE, and provides a satisfying level of detail, even though it's at Army/Corps level and graphics are outdated.
03-30-2007, 05:11 AM,
i kinda like the old barbarossa scn from toaw. its quite playable and captures the feel imo. Feel is most important for me. I even play a rank beginner in the game who had german. I got no complaints about it being tedious.
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?
04-09-2007, 11:08 PM,
RE:��Divisional Level Russian Front Game
Krak Wrote:I have tried them all, TOAW, Russo-German War, War in Russia and War in Europe. They all have so many deficiencies, bugs, realism or play balance issues that if you are like me will dissapoint you. Our only current hope for a decent and playable entire eastern front divisional game is the desendant of TFB. If you have the patience and a willing partner a Aide de Camp game of a board game like Fire in the East is about as good as you will get, but it is very tedious.

You can try the jet system to play the "Fire in the East" and other Europa series games against AI.
I didn't gave enough try to evaluate the system's AI.

Regards
Panagiotis
04-10-2007, 06:50 AM,
the boardgame fire in the is not a bad try ...i remember one that had most cool reinforcment system. Everything was based on production sceduale and what ever the player wanted to produce..To me thats a real replayable idea
if the game is not perfect...its your fault if you thought something wrong in your ideas...well thats the theory