• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WinSPWW2.1. HELP NEEDED -
03-10-2007, 12:19 AM,
RE: WinSPWW2.1. HELP NEEDED -
Hello Guys,

Ahh - that explains what happened in a team MBT game the I was involved in failed..

We couldn't get the game to run once the gliders came in..

Nice to know.. - so this issue probably holds in MBT also..

Another tidbit that I ran into recently was in a game with Beppe42.. we both had set up a fairly massive para-assault.. but my troops arrived first.. a turn before Beppe's were to land a truly odd thing happened..

I was paging thru my units to do a final rally before closing out the turn, and just like shot-down or retreated helo's - paratransports will show up when using the 'p' or 'n' buttons/keys.. this time one of my C-47's grew satelite sensors and said it could see 30 units.. huh??.. so I hit the 'T' key (not the button) and found that my c-47 was seeing Beppe's paratransports.. and they were reporting as 'loaded'..

So now I knew that Beppe has para's coming.. and in about the same qty (1-1/2 battalions) as what I just dumped into his backyard a couple of turns earlier..

Well, this simply wouldn't do, so I told him what the game was doing, and that his little suprise was blown.. we agreed to start another game w/o para's

-Greybeard

Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2007, 02:48 AM,
Strange,I've never had that happen in a game using Airborne before.
03-10-2007, 03:56 AM,
I have had something similar happen with helios that were retreated off map and then rallied. There was once a famous bug that let you shoot at your opponents off map units with your retreated helios. I thought it was fixed in version 1.5, or so. I guess aircraft retreat to that big hanger in cyberspace, were they can look around and see whp else is there.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson