• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM etiquitte
02-02-2007, 07:55 AM,
RE: PBEM etiquitte
spoiling the turn by announcing what happens can be annoying ( para 101 was very good at pissing me off with this( - or on a couple occasions i have missed the sarcasm and a 'great turn' has been a good turn for me.

I like it when you are not quite sure if someone is bluffing and not reavaling things in comments .The sense of missinformationn can actualy add to the game - lets hope i never play paul Mckena !

Im fine with blank e-mails but do think that if someone is sending comments or messages then they deserve a reply
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2007, 08:23 AM,
What are anyone's feelings on using email banter to try to influence the game, psy-ops style?

For instance, your opponent kills a few tanks on one flank, you say something like 'man, you've wiped me out on that side, going to be hard to recover,' when you've got a line of AT guns hidden in the trees just waiting for him to advance.

All part of the game or sneaky and underhanded?
02-02-2007, 08:33 AM,
All partof the game.... its called smack talk... and its a powerful weapon in the arsenal.

Unfortunatley I suck at it... or do I.. lol
02-02-2007, 10:54 AM,
RE:��PBEM etiquitte
02-02-2007, 01:51 PM,
Just play PUG or Walkure for some good down right Smack talking :)

Schwerpunkt was the best tho, that guy could really lay out some funny stuff.

All in how you take it, I enjoy a good email, as it's all part of the game and comadarie. After a few emails you'll get a feel for your OPP and if he's not into talking, no reason to hate him, he'll laugh out loud eventually if you keep dropping funny stuff on his lap.

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
02-03-2007, 01:38 AM,
02-03-2007, 08:52 AM,
RE:��PBEM etiquitte
02-03-2007, 09:14 AM,
Saint Ruth (FGM) Wrote:Annoys me: declares any success I have was pure luck and any successes he has was pure skill... ;)

I'm of the impression from our games, that everything you did was skill and I was lucky to have survived. :)

Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard