• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

PBEM etiquitte
01-31-2007, 04:18 PM,
PBEM etiquitte
Just kind of curious - what are the things that annoy you when your PBEM opponent does them? What things do you appreciate? Not thinking in terms of game play so much as in file exchanges and email banter.

My two offerings:

Annoys: When my opponent sees the battle film first, and reveals what happens in the email before I watch the file.

Appreciate: When my opponent lets me know when he'll be unable to return a turn for a while.
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2007, 07:06 PM,
RE: PBEM etiquitte
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-31-2007, 07:40 PM,
I have no problem with an opponent telling me what happens next, that's all part of the fun of trash talk when having a laugh with each other. Of course if my oppo asked not to know in advance, which a few have, well that's something different.

Keeping you informed of whats happening is a good thing, never nice to have a couple of weeks go by with no word.

Having a nice surprise when an oppo attaches something else to the PBEM email that you weren't expecting e.g. new sounds, skins or scenarios that they recommend is cool too.

cheers
02-01-2007, 12:06 AM,
I don't mind if an opponent makes a comment like "oh, man! that was a crazy turn" or something similar, but I'm not so crazy about "It was great when my Panther killed all 4 of your Shermans in one turn".

It is certainly appreciated as well when an opponent gives me an idea when his turn rate will change, even if it's only for a couple of days. It's common curtesy to notify if the delay is going to be a week or more (unless that is your standard return rate for that opponent).

02-01-2007, 12:44 AM,
02-01-2007, 01:15 AM,
my old friend leto is back - makes me happy!
02-01-2007, 01:40 AM,
I had one opponent who lost and complained about my tactics, none of which would have been remotely considered "gamey".

I do like finding out where people are from, and appreciate updates on PBEM frequency.

02-01-2007, 04:27 AM,
RE:��PBEM etiquitte
Colonel Talvela Wrote:my old friend leto is back - makes me happy!

Speaking of old friends, I hope there will be a game challenge in my inbox soon... I have a parcel that's been sitting here undelivered for a very long time... If I'm not mistaken, I think it's a can of high grade plutonium whoopass. Let's hope the expiry date hasn't turned it sour and ineffectual. Only one way to find out, eh Davey?

: )

Highest Regards,

Leto
02-01-2007, 05:12 AM,
RE:��PBEM etiquitte
02-01-2007, 05:32 AM,
RE: ��PBEM etiquitte