• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anybody tried the WL Campaign?
02-04-2007, 06:53 PM,
RE:��Anybody tried the WL Campaign?
rahamy Wrote:Personally I enjoy the monster scenario(s) and I have another one that is just coming upon the end of the first day. I'm the French there as well and have crossed the river in similar fashion...will be a very interesting second day assuming Brikie caries to go that long. :cool:

Well I'am the unhappy allied commander who is in a rather bad spot at the moment. Rich is following me relentlessly over the map and wrecks havoc among my troops.
I thought that putting up a fight at the river and in case of a river crossing at some points on the main roads would delay the French advance. As it turns out my troops are outnumbered everywere and the French forces dominate the battlefield. Against Rich that wasn't the best option:-(
But Rich, we will fight that second day, at least part of it;-)
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2007, 11:18 PM,
RE: Anybody tried the WL Campaign?
Yep, I got your turn yesterday and will probably get to it tonight or tomorrow...should be an interesting day! :cool:
02-05-2007, 05:34 AM,
Prinz von Egan Wrote:Is there no hot key for visable hexes??!! Eek
OK found the icon on the toolbar. Still working my back into Napoleonics! von ege Big Grin
02-05-2007, 05:39 AM,
[i]I thought that putting up a fight at the river and in case of a river crossing at some points on the main roads would delay the French advance. As it turns out my troops are outnumbered everywere and the French forces dominate the battlefield. Against Rich that wasn't the best option.

Are we all sure that Prussian III Korps belongs on the map at the start of the scenario? That would be the fundamental problem you face, in that those boys are deployed in a forward position against a powerful advancing foe. von ege cheers
02-05-2007, 06:57 AM,
Prinz von Egan Wrote:[i]I thought that putting up a fight at the river and in case of a river crossing at some points on the main roads would delay the French advance. As it turns out my troops are outnumbered everywere and the French forces dominate the battlefield. Against Rich that wasn't the best option.

Are we all sure that Prussian III Korps belongs on the map at the start of the scenario? That would be the fundamental problem you face, in that those boys are deployed in a forward position against a powerful advancing foe. von ege cheers

For example, this map shows III Korps more to the east, off the map, deployed from Huy to Dinant. von ege:rolleyes:[attachment=892]
02-05-2007, 08:17 AM,
That map shows the positions on the 14th, according to my sources.

Be that as it may, my partner Charlie Cutshall (NRC designer also) spent a considerable amount of time on research and did the design of a good portion of the scenarios, and I have no intention of going back in and changing any of them. But that's why we include the scenario editor, so that if people wish to alter or create new scenarios they can with ease! :cool:
02-05-2007, 03:35 PM,
All sources I study place III Korps on the 15th no further west than Dinant, on the Meuse, which is Off this game map, to the east. Chandler, Uffindel, Hofschroer,,et AL. There is a reason III Korps arrived late morning/early afternoon to take the Prussian left flank on the 16th.
III Korps are not exactly the Prussian army's toughest mothers, so having them out there, Foward early plays into the French hands.
02-05-2007, 10:35 PM,
Really? Being 100 hexes due East of the closest arriving French troops puts them in "French hands"? Seems to me it gives the Prussians options to choose from, and nothing saying they can't be diverted North to be used along side other troops.
02-06-2007, 05:51 AM,
Point taken, Rich. It is silly to say it's an advantage for the French if the Prussians have III Korps on map on the 15th, when actually they arrived on the 16th.
02-06-2007, 06:15 AM,