• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Anybody tried the WL Campaign?
02-02-2007, 06:33 AM,
RE: Anybody tried the WL Campaign?
Sure that's fine. It will give me some time to do a detailed terrain & force anyalysis. What side would you like? If there is any interest, I'll also post detailed reports. von ege :cool2:cheers
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2007, 07:54 AM,
Oh, I'm flex...I usually play the French but can take either side.

Here's the optional rules I usually prefer to use:

[Image: optrules-nap.jpg]

I also prefer to play with the house rule that once night turns commence all movement stops with the exception of localized reorganization and supply wagons. Having troops march 24/7 isn't realistic to me...:cool2:

02-02-2007, 01:54 PM,
All right, this is kind of interesting, making these negocations public. I have a problem with VP for leader casulaties. It gives too much information to the enemy, and the loss of those guys hurts as it is. Still tho, it's kind of fun to see who got popped and how much so and so is worth: So I'm easy on that one. I'm against line movement restrictions because that makes us resort to column assaults rather than firepower to achieve results. If you think units in line move too quickly, is there a way to slow them down a bit in the PDT file?
The rest of it I'm fine with, and if it's all the same to you, I'll try the French. von ege ;)
02-02-2007, 11:32 PM,
Yes, we could alter the PDT file to increase the movement costs for Line formation...I do think they are too mobile without the restriction rule, so I'll agree to compromise and we can use an altered PDT file...close tot he time I'll make that tweak and shoot it your way. :cool2:

Drop me a line when you get the chance Rich at hist-sdc.com

02-03-2007, 01:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2007, 01:36 AM by Volcano Man.)
I am not sure, but if you play with VPs for leader casualties off doesn't it still tell you what leader casualties there were?

Also, I play with the line movement restriction on and IMO you rarely get disorder from moving in a line. I mean, it can happen but it depends on the terrain you are in and mostly on the quality of your unit. I never had a complaint about the rule personally.
Send this user an email
02-03-2007, 03:19 AM,
You're correct Ed, a listing of lost leaders is still shown, just no points are awarded for those losses.
02-03-2007, 03:29 AM,
Right, thank you Gentlemen for the information, as I've been away from the Napoleonics for awhile. The list of leaders lost is still shown. Also, the line movement restriction rule is not the same as it originally was: Then if you moved a unit in line it was automatically disordered. Now, it's due to a probability with the elite units suffereing less chance of disorder. So I don't have a problem with it either. von ege ;)
02-03-2007, 03:40 AM,
Copy that!
02-03-2007, 01:29 PM,
Von Egan:
Send me an e-mail if you are still interested in a screenshot. I am not going to post it here as Red Mike and I still have a long way to go...
Got to keep him guessing a little while longer. ;)
02-04-2007, 02:01 PM,
Is there no hot key for visable hexes??!! Eek