• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
01-26-2007, 12:09 PM,
RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
The August 43 game would be of interest to me too. The germans put up a pretty good defense for a while but were just worn down. I would like to see the battles north of Kharkov too. But then again the map and OOB may get too large.
Quote this message in a reply
01-26-2007, 12:22 PM,
As of now there isn't a series of games by John Tiller that is published with HPS and is completely dead. New patches have recently been released in a couple of series of games that haven't had a title in a while, and more are coming. As well as new titles.

Come to Tiller Con II and you'll get to see some good stuff! :cool:
01-26-2007, 02:57 PM,
RE:��What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
bdtj1815 Wrote:I sometimes feel we track the events of WWII from one well known battle/campaign to another, ie in the East: Smolensk-Typhoon-Stalingrad-Kursk-Bagration-Warsaw, and forget that a lot was going on elsewhere.
You forgot Rzhev, perhaps the most famous of all.
01-26-2007, 11:37 PM,
Smile  RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Re the above mention of Budapest '45 as a possible next release in the PzC series: I was recently reading about this battle and thinking how cool that would be!

Of course, the other possibilities mentioned all sound great, too!

Operation Edelweiss begins! Pontoon bridges across the Don at Rostov.
01-29-2007, 01:54 PM,
Lots of possible titles out there. "Hube's Pocket" For one. Somewhere recently I read about (in a short article; for the life of me I cant remember where) that talked about the Soviet entrance into Rumania, a hard fought affair that might be fun.

Budapest, of course, could be done. Command Magazine did a paper wargame about that before they went under. As someone mentioned once, Metz would be good--the whole Alsase Campaign is quite interesting.

I still hope for something Brit/Canuk '45 in Northwest Europe. I say that because one of the very 1st military histories I read as a kid dealt with the brit battle for Xanden (sp).

I still hope for a title dealing with the "breakout and pursuit" of 1944. I remember I had the old SPI game of that subject--it was great. I think GDW did something similar as well.

The Winter War/Talvisota is, of course, there for the taking. Operations around Leningrad 41-44 would be interesting.

So many games.......so few developers........
01-30-2007, 02:54 AM,
What is TWE? It was referred to by Glenn as TWE/TFB.

Does it stand for The War in the East? ... maybe

I'm very interested in what happen next with this game scale. I would like to get TFB but that part of WWII is of less interest to me than the eastern front.

Also, Kharkhov '43 would be great since it was the precursor to Kursk. Someone mentioned the map would be different but I suppose they mean the boundaries would be expanded or something. The geography didn't change except for all the war rubble ... at least not that I'm aware of.

... and on a related subject; I just bought vol. I and II of Michael Whitmann (and the Hvy Pz commanders of the LSSAH) - the green soft back books. I'm on the part where the LSSAH, DR, and Totenkopf(?) retook Kharkhov in the April/May timeframe (if my memory is still working today)
01-30-2007, 04:02 AM,
TWE = Total War in Europe, which is the name of the series TFB is part of.
01-31-2007, 04:19 AM,
01-31-2007, 04:30 PM,
All fantastic reasons why this series should live a long and healthy life... :cool: