• Downloads

What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM,
c_Question Mark  What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Is this series dead in the water? Eek
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM,
RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
I recall Glenn saying it was delayed because of issues that HPS had no control over.
I am sure he can expand on that, but as i understand things it is not "dead in the water". :)
01-22-2007, 01:32 AM,

It has gone the way of Squad Battles nothing in a couple of years
01-22-2007, 04:32 AM,
RE:��What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Send this user an email
01-22-2007, 04:39 AM,
"The way is shut it was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it.
The way is shut."

Now that is one excellent quote Landser. I presume Prinz Igor said that one.
(The famous Prinz Igor, von Ruthenia, no, the guy who married Tatianna of Transilvania?) von Egan:whis:
01-22-2007, 04:39 AM,
No Glenn dont have no new news on the squad battles missed your post on Jan 7 about Squad battles but you have to admit it has played 2nd or 3rd fiddle compared to the rest of the series lately
01-22-2007, 06:47 AM,
Landser34 Wrote:No Glenn dont have no new news on the squad battles missed your post on Jan 7 about Squad battles but you have to admit it has played 2nd or 3rd fiddle compared to the rest of the series lately

Well, I can tell you that there are a number of Squad Battle titles in the works - but I can't tell you when they will be done. Only that there is at least three active projects.

Let me tell you about one of them without giving away too many details.

I meet a guy John had working with him on one title at the first Tillercon. The guy is a Scn desiginer who has done plenty of work with HPS Tigers on teh Prowl and Steel Panthers in years gone by. So he knows his stuff - how to make a scn and how to make a game.

The man is also a doctor and so sometimes he has less times than other to work on games. As a result there is no telling when he will be done. I would have bet a lot of money it would have been before now but then I would be wrong. But I know they game is being worked on and not abandoned.

And I know there are two other SB projects in this state.

I also know that the TWE|TFB Series is NOT dead. The fact is it took a huge setback when a accident caused WIg Graves to lose a lot of time and valuable research. And the games went cold in development for a long time as a result.

But it is NOT dead and over the last few weeks WIg and I have been moving again. Will it be completed and master by Easter? No way!

Can we finish it by the summer? Maybe!
Will the game develop until completion this time? I have no idea. But I know as soon as I finish this PzC we are close to finishing, then we'll get back to work on the second of this TFB Series.

Anyway - if something is dead, we'll tell you. But every series is alive and in some state. Some move forward faster than others. And speculating only results in rumours.

You have to understand that much of John Tillers games are created by regular guys who have regular jobs with varying degrees of time to commit. I guess I have more time than most people or I make more time or somethig so stuff I work on comes out a little more regular.

But even last year I only got two games out. But in that time I've got this new PzC plus and MC and two more PzCs well along. And we've got the next TWE title moving again too.

So I hope we'll have a good year for John Tiller Releases - but we don't discuss the titles in progress or the releases dates as we don't want to set up false hope for when various titles will come out.

But I am certain that SB and TWE are alive a well.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-22-2007, 06:47 AM,
Prinz von Egan Wrote:Is this series dead in the water? Eek

ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-22-2007, 06:58 AM,
Glenn,
You mentioned that Squad Battles and TFB are still in the works, and also mentioned the HPS Title "Tigers on the Prowl". Are you able to tell us if there has been any further work or upgrades in graphics or even if that title and I believe "Panthers in the Snow" will possibly be re-released any time soon? I consider those some of the best wargames that were ever put out and they were done by HPS back when they were young. Would appreciate any advice you may have or would be allowed to give.
Thanks
01-22-2007, 09:52 AM,
vendetta Wrote:Glenn,
You mentioned that Squad Battles and TFB are still in the works, ...

yes

Quote: and also mentioned the HPS Title "Tigers on the Prowl".

All I said about Tigers on the Prowl was in regards to one of the guys John has working on an SB Game:

"The guy is a Scn desiginer who has done plenty of work with HPS Tigers on th Prowl and Steel Panthers in years gone by. So he knows his stuff - how to make a scn and how to make a game."

Quote:Are you able to tell us if there has been any further work or upgrades in graphics or even if that title and I believe "Panthers in the Snow" will possibly be re-released any time soon? I consider those some of the best wargames that were ever put out and they were done by HPS back when they were young. Would appreciate any advice you may have or would be allowed to give.

I have never owned nor played these older HPS Games so I have no idea what plans HPS may have for them, just as I have no idea about Steel Panthers - sorry.

Glenn
Send this user an email