• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
01-22-2007, 02:48 PM,
RE: What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Hmmm.............Interesting info from Glenn. As I intrepret it, three PzC "well along" and a MC coming along as well. Things look good for 2007!

BTW, I still say Stalingrad 42 is a throughly outstanding title!

Quote this message in a reply
01-23-2007, 06:56 AM,
RE:��What ever happened to "The First Blitzkrieg?"
Send this user an email
01-23-2007, 08:44 AM,
Naval Campaigns is alive and well???
01-23-2007, 10:00 AM,
Richrd Wrote:Naval Campaigns is alive and well???

Not sure where they are - sorry.

Glenn
Send this user an email
01-23-2007, 11:36 AM,
Anyone want to guess what the next PzC is? All in good fun, Glenn.

My guess is Budapest 45. Berlin 45. Leningrad 41. Metz 44. Rostov 41.

Ok, a bunch of guesses.
01-23-2007, 11:38 AM,
Richrd Wrote:Naval Campaigns is alive and well???

Actually, on the HPS Website - 17 JAN 2007

Guadalcanal v1.03 has been released. I dunno but that would suggest there might be something happening.

Send this user an email
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM,
Quote:My guess is Budapest 45. Berlin 45. Leningrad 41. Metz 44. Rostov 41.

I could live with any of those!! How about Kharkov43?
01-26-2007, 08:26 AM,
bdtj1815 Wrote:
Quote:My guess is Budapest 45. Berlin 45. Leningrad 41. Metz 44. Rostov 41.

I could live with any of those!! How about Kharkov43?

There _is_ a scenario out there for that already (uses the K42 map), but it really needs a going-over by Volcano Man, for an alt McNamera version, and the aesthetics are a bit rough. I don't think it'd rate its own game.

I like the idea of some smaller actions packaged together, a la Salerno 43. CrossingTheRhine45?
01-26-2007, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2007, 08:48 AM by Brammer.)
Actually Kharkov 43 would be an excellant title. The map would be different than the one from K42. But it would most likely include most if not all of the K42 map. The map would include more of the area the fighing occured. The russian pushing west followed by the backhand blow would be an awesome game. Just think of all the scenarios.

But personally, I would like to see Kiev 41, June 41 or Uman 41 something from Army Group South.

As for the the first blitz game. I sure wish there were more of them. But it does need some work. The France scenarios remind me more of WW1 than WW2. There seems to be a need for some kind of leadership/morale rule.
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-26-2007, 10:50 AM by bdtj1815.)
Re:Kharkov43: Whilst there is the much better known 3rd Battle of Kharkov, aka "Manstein's Backhand Blow" I actually meant the 4th Battle of Kharkov which was the Russian offensive in August 1943 which finally liberated what must be the most fought over city in WWII, certainly over the longest time. I would also be interested to see a really good 3rd Kharkov but I think it would need a considerably larger, possibly too large, a map to do the campaign justice.

I sometimes feel we track the events of WWII from one well known battle/campaign to another, ie in the East: Smolensk-Typhoon-Stalingrad-Kursk-Bagration-Warsaw, and forget that a lot was going on elsewhere. I am looking at some less obvious campaigns fought over the maps already available to us in existing games which would make interesting scenarios (AGC in the summer/autumn of 1943 for instance). I have one or two other ideas but will probably try and decide which to do shortly. If anyone has some suggestions or would like to help get in touch.