• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-21-2007, 03:42 AM,
RE:��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Quote this message in a reply
01-21-2007, 04:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2007, 04:43 AM by Weasel.)
RE: New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Looks like somebody is going to get a lesson in proper US Tank Destroyer tactics:whis:

;) Hey Paul, looks like you read my mind. I can beat the AI with two KTigers, but against a human, forget it.

I once played Spearman and it was a BUY WHATEVER YOU WANT game. I bought about two battalions of tigers and nothing else. Spearman bought a balanced Soviet force and kicked the crap out of me. Even though the map was wide open Russian terrain, he put down smoke and artillery fire onto my tanks (since they moved SO SLOW it was easy to shift the fire each turn), moved his SU-100s into flank positions and kicked the crap out of me.

Since then I may buy a section of tiger/Ktigers, but mostly I stick to PzIVs and Stugs. More effective overall and far cheaper.

It takes 3 M10s to equal the loss of one tiger, and 4 to a Ktiger. I like those odds.

Too bad I don't have room or time for more games Cry
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-21-2007, 05:17 AM,
I dont know how many of you remember the "buy whatever you want" tourney made by Walrus (I think) we had quite a few years ago. The most popular tank amongst the players who made it to final rounds was T34. Fairly cheap and cost effective. The second IIRC was Stug. I havent seen much of other (heavier) staff then.
But maybe Tiger Reyth will prove us all wrong, who knows...
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-21-2007, 05:21 AM,
RE:��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-21-2007, 05:39 AM,
czerpak Wrote:
Weasel Wrote:I don't think Czerpak like the rule, and yes it is still experimental but because I play with it I want to make sure. Don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight!! DOOH!

Wrong, Chris.
I like the rule. But if I want to take into account all the house rules players use we would end up with total mess.

Understood. I thought I had read that you didn't care for it, perhaps it was someone else. All in all no big deal is it.

Are target markers going to be restricted (please say yes). Either none for an ME, or a restricted amount designated in each game?
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-21-2007, 06:05 AM,
Well,I have my core force all ready. It was'nt so hard once I got down to it with a nice cold beerBig Grin

I think I have a nicely balanced force and will be ready to get my butt handed to me..or not..cheers
01-21-2007, 08:06 AM,
RE:����New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-21-2007, 08:24 AM,
I think if you say before hand "5 target markers only" people will obey. I don't think anyone is foolish enough to ignore the rule and risk 1. being kicked out of the tournament, and 2. blitz expulsion.

That is another nice thing about the FOO rule, you can use all 10 but it limits them still to the number of FOOs you have. I understand version 3 of MBT and the next patch to winww2 will have a random target marker allotment like H2H.
01-21-2007, 08:28 AM,
Montana_Prussian Wrote:Well,I have my core force all ready. It was'nt so hard once I got down to it with a nice cold beerBig Grin

I think I have a nicely balanced force and will be ready to get my butt handed to me..or not..cheers

I have three different buys now, each has it's strength and weakness. With the maps and missions unknown do you gamble and go with a tank force, infantry force, mechanized but smaller force, leg but larger force? Do you buy small calibre arty and hope that you can use it in the game or do you depend on aux units?

One of my buys has a large amount of recon, while the other doesn't. One has lots of elite infantry, while the others don't. Still scratching my head and I think I will have several more buys before I decide on one.

Lots of fun and interesting.
01-21-2007, 08:53 AM,
RE:�� New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)