• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-19-2007, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 10:32 AM by shortreengage.)
RE: ��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2007, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 10:49 AM by Tiger_Reyth.)
RE: New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
I use FO's religiously and actually it was my MOS as well ;)

From my perspective -- if you use an FO you PAID for it. Those were precious points that could of went to scouts, snipers or engineers etc. So I see their use as justified.

I really like the Sherman spotting vehicle -- that thing really smokes!

Big Grin

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
01-19-2007, 11:04 AM,
I don't think Czerpak like the rule, and yes it is still experimental but because I play with it I want to make sure. Don't want to bring a knife to a gun fight!! DOOH!
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-19-2007, 12:20 PM,
RE:��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-19-2007, 05:11 PM,
Hi All
Good questions by everyone.

Czerpak...deep breath and have yourself a nice cold beer...it's only going to get more intense as you well know.

Respect for your effort buddy.
Cheers
Walrus
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
01-19-2007, 08:40 PM,
Epoletov [SPR Wrote:.]
My opinion as fight will be created.

Czerpak will add to armies corresponding auxiliary forces.

For example at you 10 units of infantry.
Czerpak will give them machine guns and other units of support. As was actually in that war.

Epoletov has a point here. But you probably wont get as much as you wish, like in real war :)

Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-19-2007, 08:45 PM,
01-19-2007, 09:36 PM,
Walrus Wrote:Hi All
Good questions by everyone.

Czerpak...deep breath and have yourself a nice cold beer...it's only going to get more intense as you well know.

Respect for your effort buddy.
Cheers
Walrus

I think we are almost done with questions.

BTW right now I have 14 players registered for tourney, so definetely we will be on schedule with first battles.

And here are some general notes :

Weasel is a very experienced player, so I would recommend to read his posts on this thread carefully. Chris read and undestood tourney rules well.
I have an impression some of you consider core as something you gonna have for whole tourney, which is basicaly not true. I understand many players like to buy larger formations (thats something I do as well in regular games), which is good for historical reasons at least.

But here is the quote from tourney page :
Quote: Before each battle you will be informed how many units from core force you can use and what extra units you can buy.

I guess many of you just missed that part. I would say flexibility is the key for the core force.

There is a lot of work to be done on your side (as opposite to other tourneys, where you have everything given on the plate), but rest assured you wont be bored. I have all the four battles planned already, with special rules/targets for each and every battle. For first three battles you will have to find the balance between achieving targets and keeping your core alive.

And the last thing : some of you might think I am very picky about the way you do (and send me) your core force list. Please understand you do it just for yourselve and I have to deal with 14 (maybe more) different lists. So I want to have it the way it is showed on tourney page or in the example attached to this thread (first post). This will also make it easier for you to plan the battles. If I ask for a unit and its cost that literaly means it. It doesnt mean I expect a list of 150 units and a statement they all cost 7000 points together.
If you are quite new to the game and have troubles with finding out how much a single unit costs please send me an email and I will tell you how to find that out. We are learning all the time. I personally have spent hundreds of hours with this game and still missed one very important technical detail while preparing this tourney. Something which will cause additional technical troubles in last two battles, but I have to live with it. And you guys have to live with me. But once all the hard work with preparations is done you will have fun with hunting, and I will have even more work to do.

cheers
czerpak
01-20-2007, 07:12 AM,
Tiger_Reyth Wrote:LOL. Why in the world would the idea of a K-Tiger evoke such a response. tsk, tsk.

T_R

Ok, they have a great gun and thick armour. They are also so friggin slow that they make a great target for rapid response artillery, tank hunting teams, and fast moving allied tanks. Plus they are HUGE so it is pretty easy to hit and suppress them. I will take an M10/18 over a Ktiger any day.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-20-2007, 10:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM by Tiger_Reyth.)
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada