• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-19-2007, 04:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 04:20 AM by Weasel.)
RE: New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
If players download Czerpak's example buy sheet they will see what he wants (top of this thread).
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-19-2007, 05:06 AM,
RE:��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-19-2007, 07:26 AM,
My opinion as fight will be created.

Czerpak will add to armies corresponding auxiliary forces.

For example at you 10 units of infantry.
Czerpak will give them machine guns and other units of support. As was actually in that war.
Send this user an email
01-19-2007, 07:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 07:31 AM by Tiger_Reyth.)
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
01-19-2007, 09:23 AM,
Something to think about...
For those who are planning on buying the very best of everything you should consider one thing. If you only buy the minimum amounts of vehicles and infantry, and end up running out of units near end tournament then you will be out of luck (correct me if I am wrong).

For example: I was going to buy a whole bunch of Rangers and Special Forces units which would have just met the required numbers. However, if my opponent clobbers me and I take heavy casualties then I may not be able to bring as much as I am allowed to the next fight due to losses.

Just something to consider.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-19-2007, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 09:59 AM by Tiger_Reyth.)
Yup he's got it locked down so we need to buy more of a traditional army and besides the footy/vehicle parameter there is also the total # of units parameter...

One thing I like is the balance the 7000 points provides -- there's plenty of leeway to get some smokin' hot stuff without weakening your overall force.

Big Grin

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM,
QUESTION: is the FOO restriction rule going to be used (don't think so as there is no mention but we should know for sure).
01-19-2007, 10:08 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM by Tiger_Reyth.)
wat the heck is a foo?

I'm gonna try a search for it see if I can come up with a definition before somebody replies...

Oh no I'm locked out of the search function! :hissy:

T_R
01-19-2007, 10:24 AM,
Forward Observation Officer - an artillery officer attached to a unit with direct radio communication with the artillery fire direction center. By using a FOO you are able to call in artillery much faster then a regular zero command unit. For example: with a regular platoon commander the artillery delay may be 3.0, while with a FOO it may be 2.0, so the rounds will land one turn faster.
01-19-2007, 10:26 AM,
I could have sworn that was a house rule. Not that I don't like it on some level but the arcitecture of fire support networks is so complex vis a vis SP as to defy a general concensus. I don't want to start a discussion here, I just want to point out that experimental rules are just that, experimental. Until,of course, the Tourney Meister makes them official. That said, I yield my remaining time to the right honorable gentleman from Vancouver.Big Grin