• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
01-18-2007, 07:18 PM,
RE:��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2007, 07:20 PM,
Epoletov [SPR Wrote:.]
Quote:Battles details will be given after you choose your core. So you might start doing it now. Signing ends 31st of january, and after that you will have two extra weeks to send me your core (or less time if all of you do it earlier)

I against.:hissy:
Better to all players simultaneously to give a condition of the first fight.
Otherwise, it is possible to warn other players who still have not typed " core force ".

My bad, sorry.
It should say : battles details will be given after you ALL choose your core.

Thats what I meant.
01-18-2007, 07:50 PM,
RE: New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Yes quite clear however I hope what I said is also clear -- within a company there is the opportunity to buy many different units, some of them even have the same name and there needs to be a reliable way to specify which unit within that company was actually selected from the list.

I am a newb so maybe I'm missing a subtlety here but there seems to be a large amount of room for confusion on this score.

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
01-18-2007, 08:38 PM,
T_R

you are obviously correct, there are squads with the same name and different weapons etc.
Thats why I want you to write down cost of unit. As far as unit name and cost are correct you decide what to buy.
Example:
Soviet OOB, june 1944, INFANTRY
CONSCRIPT Pl
you can choose from 5 different rifle sections there. First 4 cost 18 :
1. Rifle section
M19/30 Rifle
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
RPG 40

2. Rifle section - first 3 weapon slots the same as above and slot 4 is Anti-tank mine

3. Rifle section
Tokarev ST38/40
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
F-1 Grenade

4. Rifle section
M91/30 Rifle
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
Sniper Rifle

If you have Rifle section (cost 18) in your core I dont care which one from above it is. It can be different in all 4 battles in the tourney.

However fifth Rifle section has a cost of 26 (it has Molotov in 4th weapon slot). If you want that one you have to count 26 points in your core.

Is this clear enough now ?
01-18-2007, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2007, 08:51 PM by Tiger_Reyth.)
K you don't care unless the cost is different and you want us to count everything in the company and list them all giving special mentions to those elements which have a higher or lower cost than the rest.

Alis Klar der Commissar

"Don't turn around oh oh oh, der kommisar's in town oh oh oh!" :whis:

T_R
The Koenigstiger was the most powerful combat tank of World War II combining a powerful and effective gun with armor that was virtually impervious to any Allied tank or anti-tank gun. The result was battlefield history! -- George Parada
01-19-2007, 12:05 AM,
czerpak Wrote:T_R

you are obviously correct, there are squads with the same name and different weapons etc.
Thats why I want you to write down cost of unit. As far as unit name and cost are correct you decide what to buy.
Example:
Soviet OOB, june 1944, INFANTRY
CONSCRIPT Pl
you can choose from 5 different rifle sections there. First 4 cost 18 :
1. Rifle section
M19/30 Rifle
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
RPG 40

2. Rifle section - first 3 weapon slots the same as above and slot 4 is Anti-tank mine

3. Rifle section
Tokarev ST38/40
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
F-1 Grenade

4. Rifle section
M91/30 Rifle
7,62mm DP LMG
F-1 Grenade
Sniper Rifle

If you have Rifle section (cost 18) in your core I dont care which one from above it is. It can be different in all 4 battles in the tourney.

However fifth Rifle section has a cost of 26 (it has Molotov in 4th weapon slot). If you want that one you have to count 26 points in your core.

Is this clear enough now ?

How about buying a PzGren Kp? Will I have to split off all the vehicles and price them out seperately?

How about the integral SP Mortars? Are they counted as vehicles or Artillery or both?

:conf:
01-19-2007, 01:00 AM,
RE: ��New winWW2 tourney (dedicated to memory of SKOTTY702)
Montana_Prussian Wrote:How about buying a PzGren Kp? Will I have to split off all the vehicles and price them out seperately?

How about the integral SP Mortars? Are they counted as vehicles or Artillery or both?

:conf:

Guys,
I hope I am clear now :

I am not interested in firing up the game each time I want to check what you bought. And I am far from being interested which units come into PzGren Kp.
So yes - you list every type of unit seperately.
I asked for list of units, NOT formations. Whats so confusing about that ???

SP Mortars : they count as vehicles. If they are bigger than 82mm you are not allowed to buy them - see the rules.

Sill lot of time to go, so stay calm, we will sort out everything on time.
01-19-2007, 01:44 AM,
SP Mortars : they count as vehicles. If they are bigger than 82mm you are not allowed to buy them - see the rules.......

Okay,cool:cool: I was within the 82mm guideline,but just wanted to be sure how to count them.

I asked for list of units, NOT formations. Whats so confusing about that ???.....

I gotcha now,just trying to avoid mistakesBig Grin
01-19-2007, 03:41 AM,
Great, I rather answer the same question 10 times than have someone confused.

01-19-2007, 04:11 AM,
Well, I'll ask a different question then.
What are we counting

Motorcycle units as? Infantry because they have no armor?

Trucks and Jeeps as vehicles?

Mules and horses as infantry?

Sorry for the simple questions, but my proletarian forces are simple workers and peasants after all.

cheers