• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Why Combat Mission?
01-16-2007, 07:24 AM,
RE:��Why Combat Mission?
Walkure Wrote:I'm also and old tabletop gamer, i played the big ones. longest day, fire in the east and scortched earth. theses games took months to finish. they had over 2300 counters and of couse ASL.

I had FITE and SC, but my wife throw them out in the trash. I was Sooo pissed off, I almost tossed her out. Her reasoning was "You never play that silly game anymore, and it was just taking up space." Anyway, I bought a copy of each on E-Bay. Not that I will ever play the game again, but those memories of those "looks".....lol. I could not bear to part with the game. I guess part of it was all those hours looking over the map, deciding what to do, they are like old friends. I still have my copy of "Panzer Blitz" too. Played for the first time in years at deer camp with an old friend of my, while our boys froze their butts off hunting, we stayed nice and warm in the camper....playing Panzer Blitz..., and there were some of those looks too.....lol
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2007, 11:09 AM,
RE: Why Combat Mission?
Squad Leader....man, I was introduced to that game by my Leading Petty Officer shortly after reporting to my first ship. It wasn't long before I was forking out dollars for Cross of Iron, Crescendo of Doom and GI Anvil of Victory. Buying those plastic things to sort out the bazillions of counters. Lots of battles fought while deployed....man, good memories.

This game is like that, only better IMO.
01-16-2007, 01:13 PM,
RE: ��Why Combat Mission?
01-17-2007, 03:14 AM,
RE: Why Combat Mission?
I play the first Squad Leader, but when ASL came out, I saw the rule book, and decided that three years of law school to understand the rules was a bit much. The computer freed us of all that, but I miss the comradary of playing table top war games. Most of my oldest and best friends are from my paper counter war gaming days, except now we got older, got jobs, got wifes, got bills, got lots of crap I never worried much about in those days. Fat dumb and happy drinking beer in college and playing war games.