• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Defending the Blitz Ladder System
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM,
RE: Defending the Blitz Ladder System
I'm sure each joins the club for different reasons, and some may sign up to compete within the ladder. Me, I could mostly care less about my record or score. I joined for some consistent opponents. Records, IMO, are good for quickly identifying how experienced my opponent may (or may not) be.

YMMV.
Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2007, 11:32 AM,
THe only thing I like about the WaW scoring system is that there are no draws - I've just reported my fourth 55% draw (56% would have been a minor victory) in the last month or so and it's very frustrating! I like the Blitz ladder in all other respects...
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
01-09-2007, 12:00 PM,
RE:��Defending the Blitz Ladder System
01-09-2007, 06:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM by Artie.)
The World at War ladder do not use exact Arpad Elo's formula, but with some modification. One major difference against the Blitz ladder (which is good in his way) is simple (and I wrote it to the Zemke too :)
The WaW ladder is skill based - so there is not important how large battles are you playing, how many battles are you playing (well, not so exact), how was game setup, and in which game are you playing. It is simple final result score ratio comparison. Winner gets points, loser lose same points. Better ratio/victory = more points. Top players are not those with more battles played, but those with better skill/tactics/etc.

I do not try to say that is the best possible way, but it works for years very well. That's all :)
[Image: 61.gif]
Send this user an email
01-10-2007, 01:09 AM,
Artie Wrote:The World at War ladder do not use exact Arpad Elo's formula, but with some modification. One major difference against the Blitz ladder (which is good in his way) is simple (and I wrote it to the Zemke too :)
The WaW ladder is skill based

The advantage of the blitz ladder is that you can sort the ladder however the user wants to. Based on skill, win %, games played, win streak, or ladder points.

The SZO ladder is similar, but another advantage that the blitz has over that (or any other ladder I have seen) is the great number of players and games that get reported.
01-10-2007, 06:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2007, 06:05 AM by Zemke.)
01-10-2007, 06:10 AM,
Sure, I agree with you. Everyone has his own preference :)
[Image: 61.gif]
Send this user an email
01-10-2007, 06:25 AM,
And 493 members have chosen the Blitz ladder over other ladders out there so it must be doing something right.

Bootie
01-11-2007, 05:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2007, 05:27 AM by Zemke.)
01-11-2007, 05:29 AM,
What is this "Technical Sergeant" crap, I am a Sergeant First Class. Just poking fun at my "rank" on the message board for spouting off at the mouth so much.