• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: do you own the cd version of winSPMBT
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I own it
40.00%
12 40.00%
No I don't own it
46.67%
14 46.67%
No I don't own it but I am going to buy it
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you own the cd version of MBT
01-06-2007, 06:31 AM,
RE: Do you own the cd version of MBT
Chris, what is your E-mail addresse?

Artur.
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2007, 06:37 AM,
Artur Wrote:Chris, what is your E-mail addresse?

Artur.

[email protected]
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
01-06-2007, 07:11 AM,
Mail sent.

For more professional screenshots see here:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/SPCamo/wSPMBT/3.htm

Artur.
01-06-2007, 08:24 AM,
Boy - I love these SPCAMO guys.. they just keep on plugging along, making this game better and better with each revision..

Hat's off fellas..

This OP-fire thing sounds way beyond good..

Now, my aniversary is coming up - I know what to ask for..

-Greybeard
01-06-2007, 10:21 AM,
You ain't gonna get it,Eek so offer the CD as an alternative.:happy:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
01-06-2007, 03:08 PM,
Hi Greybeard,

You do mean your Blitz anniversary join date.....right?.....:whis:.....cheers
01-06-2007, 06:13 PM,
czerpak Wrote:Hi Vesku,
well, at the moment I cant afford to buy CD, but when I buy it in the future it wont be because of those extra options. It will be the way to say thank you to people who have developed this games for years for free (well, and you can still get it for free, amazing !). There are quite a few players down here who either did or still do work with Camo and I am pretty sure all of them can confirm that working with Don and Andy is a pure pleasure. Thats all about details, like they DO listen what players say and want, you always get your question answered etc.

At the end of the day, there will always be first class players and the rest. CD wont change that. And I am proud to say I played and play against many first class players here.

You just confirmed my point, every one can't afford to buy games. I share your idea of thanking the developers, that way we can support their business and make sure that they keep working on new games for us to enjoy.
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
01-06-2007, 08:16 PM,
I have both. The higher resolution was what made me grab them.
01-08-2007, 05:55 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2007, 06:00 AM by Artur.)
Grumbler Wrote:I haven't bother to test it with WinMBT, but in the older fersions of SP, you could area fire suspected ambush spots and the set range of the ambushers would open up to the range of the unit area firing plus 1.
Will that still happen with this new patch? If the ranges are gard and don't open up to allow the ambusher to fire back, then you can just sit there and shoot the ambusher to rags. If it does open up, then matching fire will still blow the ambushers rang gate open. So other then the ability to ignore soft vehicles and infantry to go for the armor, the patch doesn't seem to be the defense against good scouting that some seem to think it will be.
Or am I completly off base here?:conf:

Let me give here a specific example to this. Let us say you are on delay/defense. You occupy one strategic location and you are waiting for the enemy to cause them some losses before you withdraw.

You have:
1. an inf platoon (4 rifle squads)
2. two inf AT section (2 men with low range AT weaponry)
3. two MG sections
4. two ATGM sections
4. two tanks

In order for this to work well you need to do two things.
1. Have a good recon to know what is expected.
2. Apply the combined arms principle.

You place them like something similar to this (threat is expected from the east):

..............Inf
Atgm...AT
.........MG..Inf
..Tank
.........AT
..............Inf
...Tank
Atgm..MG
..............Inf

This is a small combined arms anbushing group.

First of all you can set a range value to evey target type separately this is the most essential feature:
-You set the infantry range to all kinds of weapon sytems to one.
-You set the inf AT sections to fire only to lightly armored vehicles (assuming it cannot penetrate heavy armor for this example)
You do not wish them to poen up to shoot at infantry.
-You set the MGs to fire from any range at infantry. No shooting at any armored vehicle. You may consider allowing to shoot at the soft vehicles, depending on whether they are used for ambus springing or they really transport something valuable. This depends on recon information.
-You set the ATGMs to fire at heavy armor only. It is not point wasting their expensive ammo for cheap metal.
-You can set your armor to fire at many things. Usually it is advisable to set fireing at infantry from close range. You can set the tanks to fire at heavy armor (assuming it has excellent AT capability) and if recon implies that there is a force with a lot of APC-IFVs you may also set them to fire at lighter armor as well in order not to allow them to carry the infantry too close. (This can be done by setting the min-max armor value to fire at.)
Or you can do the APC IFV killing on your own turn the opponent will most probably not know about your tanks in they do not open up. Again it depends on recon information.

How does this work?
-If recon by infantry is done, the MGs will open up at long range and they will get ambushed by the infantry squads at range 1.
-If recon is done by armored vehicles the Inf AT squads will have a shot at them or in the worst case they will be ambushed by the Inf squads at range 1.

Until now no tank nor ATGM has revealed itself(Unless the tanks were set to fire at light armor on purpose) .

If a valuable armor comes the ATGMs will take the shot. Tanks shoot at the things they were set to shoot at.

And so it goes on. Got the idea?

Artur.
01-08-2007, 07:07 AM,
I excited. Even now I'm thinking on ways to turn it against my opponents.
Just like you have to do in the real world.
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson