• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Poll: do you own the cd version of winSPMBT
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes I own it
40.00%
12 40.00%
No I don't own it
46.67%
14 46.67%
No I don't own it but I am going to buy it
13.33%
4 13.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do you own the cd version of MBT
01-05-2007, 01:15 PM,
Do you own the cd version of MBT
Just wondering how many of us own the cd version of winSPMBT and will be able to take advantage of the op fire routines. I guess a player with the cd will not be able to use it against a player without? It will also be good to know how many players own a cd for those thinking of buying the game.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2007, 05:46 PM,
RE: Do you own the cd version of MBT

I voted "Yes" because I ordered the cd on Wednesday......

From my reading of the situation, PBEM is still possible between cd and dl versions of the game: except that the cd owner will have the benefit of Op-Fire control..... May make those vital few points difference between glory or defeat!

I once failed to secure a Draw by 1 point :-((
01-05-2007, 06:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2007, 06:59 PM by Fubar.)
I would like to buy it once i get a steady income again, trouble is the last time i ordered something from the US it took forever to turn up and when it did it was wrong, that kinda put's me off a little now from internet purchases. :-(

If it was available from the local shops then i'd be up there faster than a ferret up a trouser leg. Big Grin

cheers
01-05-2007, 07:59 PM,
I am not involved in winMBT betatesting, but I would take it for granted player with CD will be able to use Op-fire filter in a PBEM against a player without CD.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-05-2007, 08:04 PM,
First and second class players ... I'm proud to be second class :)
Vesku

[Image: Medals50_thumb8.gif]
01-06-2007, 03:15 AM,
I haven't bother to test it with WinMBT, but in the older fersions of SP, you could area fire suspected ambush spots and the set range of the ambushers would open up to the range of the unit area firing plus 1.
Will that still happen with this new patch? If the ranges are gard and don't open up to allow the ambusher to fire back, then you can just sit there and shoot the ambusher to rags. If it does open up, then matching fire will still blow the ambushers rang gate open. So other then the ability to ignore soft vehicles and infantry to go for the armor, the patch doesn't seem to be the defense against good scouting that some seem to think it will be.
Or am I completly off base here?:conf:
"I totally don't know what that means, but I WHOUNT it!"
-Jessica Simpson
01-06-2007, 03:29 AM,
Hi Vesku,
well, at the moment I cant afford to buy CD, but when I buy it in the future it wont be because of those extra options. It will be the way to say thank you to people who have developed this games for years for free (well, and you can still get it for free, amazing !). There are quite a few players down here who either did or still do work with Camo and I am pretty sure all of them can confirm that working with Don and Andy is a pure pleasure. Thats all about details, like they DO listen what players say and want, you always get your question answered etc.

At the end of the day, there will always be first class players and the rest. CD wont change that. And I am proud to say I played and play against many first class players here.
Think first, fight afterwards - the soldier's art
01-06-2007, 04:15 AM,
I've got the winMBT CD but not the winWW2 one.
01-06-2007, 04:47 AM,
I bought the WinSPMBT CD back in 2005 and go the WinSPWW2 CD for beta testing. Those products are well worth their price IMHO. I tested the new OP-fire feature extensively, and IMO it does matter awfully lot whether that feature is at your disposal or not.

And yes, the Cammo guys deserve the respect.

Artur.
01-06-2007, 06:17 AM,
Is it possible to get a print screen of the cd version of the game in it's 1024 X 768 version? That is one of the reasons I am interested, but I have never seen it to determine if it makes that much of a difference.
Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining - Debasish Mridha