• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Truck and halftrack carried infantry
12-07-2006, 04:25 AM,
RE: Truck and halftrack carried infantry
... just a thought

IMHO it would be a good addition to make mech/trucked infantry have a second icon pop when you tell the guys to go on foot. You can move the trucks or halftracks back just like the guys mention above.

The game engine sorta already does the same thing when you split a battalion into companies (of course the icon pic doesn't change) but with transport vehicles you could simple put the truck symbol on the icon instead of a soldiers image.

One guy mentioned abuse of using trucks as blockers or used in defense. I'd say let it happen. When the trucks are destroyed the grunts have to walk at a much slower rate ... thus you wouldn't want to do that very often I wouldn't think.
Interesting ideas I think.
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2006, 02:32 PM,
ON Foot or not

What do you do with mech and trucked infantry?

When you get near the front lines to you normally go on foot? or not?
... assuming there's a hot front line with lots of action.

... I used to rarely put my trucked infantry on foot. Now I've got to where I do it more often.
But, what benefit is there besides giving up higher movement rates?

I thought I could find the answer in the manual if there were any advantages but to no avail.
12-29-2006, 03:05 PM,
On Foot or Not....

The only advantage to being "on foot" currently is to allow this type of infantry to move into terrain prohibited to vehicular unit types. Otherwise, deployed mode is sufficient for most cases when moving into contact with the enemy.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp