• Downloads

Prisoners vs KIA
12-01-2006, 04:09 AM,
RE:��Prisoners vs KIA
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2006, 09:11 AM,
RE: Prisoners vs KIA
Yes, you're right on all counts!
My question is though, can you actually kill them?
12-01-2006, 09:16 AM,
yes I have seen arty will kill captured troops and I dont see why small arms area fire would not.
12-01-2006, 09:25 AM,
Yes but you cant target them so area fire is required.

Bootie
12-02-2006, 03:35 AM,
Bootie(FGM) Wrote:Yes but you cant target them so area fire is required.

Bootie
There you go!
In my opinion, it's not worth the ammo and trouble to go through.
With "area fire" you have no guarantee of a kill..
I immediately order all enemy captured Inf to march to my side of the map or even off the map.
12-02-2006, 03:50 AM,
Soldier area fire will pin them so they cant move
I have done it and it works.
12-02-2006, 05:17 AM,
Kil Roy Wrote:Soldier area fire will pin them so they cant move
I have done it and it works.

But you still can't direct fire on them to kill them.
So you have to depend on a lucky hit from your artillery piece or battery of'em anyway.
Is it worth it? :-)
12-02-2006, 06:04 AM,
Soldier I am not trying to be an ass but this thread is getting to the point where it is not worth it. You quoted me saying that it will pin the troops, not kill them. I all so said in an earlier post that I have pined the captured troops in hopes of getting them back. So where are you getting into your mind that I am trying to just kill them? Please help me understand and Boss man here at work please gives me something to do.
;-)
ATCS just to answer your question directly. If you can get your captured troops back it is a good thing from a points aspect of the game. Do it any way you can because dead troops cost you less than captured troops.
12-02-2006, 06:28 AM,
Kil Roy Wrote:Soldier I am not trying to be an ass but this thread is getting to the point where it is not worth it. You quoted me saying that it will pin the troops, not kill them. I all so said in an earlier post that I have pined the captured troops in hopes of getting them back. So where are you getting into your mind that I am trying to just kill them? Please help me understand and Boss man here at work please gives me something to do.
;-)
ATCS just to answer your question directly. If you can get your captured troops back it is a good thing from a points aspect of the game. Do it any way you can because dead troops cost you less than captured troops.

Did not mean to push your buttons either, just sticking to the subject matter. The first quote that started this discussion, quote; "From a pure gaming aspect (for final scores in ladder matches, for example), would it be better to try and kill off any POW's your opponent has captured? Since prisoners count double what casualties count towards the final score, it would appear that it would be worth your while to save some mortar round to drop on that MG squad that surrendered, especially in a close battle.

All moralty plays aside, does this not make good *gaming* sense? Just wondering how others see this...."
As you can see there clearly, the "kill off any POW's" statement, etc..
All of my posts were in reference/response to this statement.
Anyway, it don't matter.
It's only my opinion.. :-)

12-02-2006, 07:20 AM,