• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prisoners vs KIA
11-30-2006, 08:49 PM,
Prisoners vs KIA
From a pure gaming aspect (for final scores in ladder matches, for example), would it be better to try and kill off any POW's your opponent has captured? Since prisoners count double what casualties count towards the final score, it would appear that it would be worth your while to save some mortar round to drop on that MG squad that surrendered, especially in a close battle.

All moralty plays aside, does this not make good *gaming* sense? Just wondering how others see this....

Mike
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2006, 09:37 PM,
RE: Prisoners vs KIA
I thought your own men, if taken prisoner, disappeared from your view in-game so it would be really difficult or impossible to kill them yourself. Can anybody else confirm this?
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM,
They do, unless you have LOS on them, just like an enemy unit.
12-01-2006, 12:59 AM,
Area fire the buggers.... traitors all of them... walking away with the enemy..!!

Bootie
12-01-2006, 02:22 AM,
If you manage to get another unit close to the captured unit, then you 'recapture' it but the unit is then unarmed Cry
Send them back to the rear lines as quickly as possible! :)
12-01-2006, 02:30 AM,
Area fire at them so they cant move to the rear area. then try and set them free like stated before. Or if you cant get near them: BURN THEM save the points.
12-01-2006, 03:05 AM,
None of the above is worth doing. Why expose the unit doing the firing (mortar or other type) to the enemy, etc.. :-)
12-01-2006, 03:16 AM,

Saving points by killing your own guys

Is there no honor, bring all of you up on court marshall charges ;)
12-01-2006, 03:24 AM,
Well Soldier nothing is 100% but, if your troops were captured then there are enemy troops there to do the capturing. So you get two things done. Hold your girly men turn coats in place and suppress the guys who just captured them. In one game an AT team gave up to a HT that moved near them after they were pined by small arms fire. So the next turn I turned my 80 mm mortar on the AT team and the HT. I killed 1 of the AT guys and the HT. A couple of turns later I got the other guy back because he had panicked and would not move. So there is one instance that it worked. So it was worth doing.
12-01-2006, 03:46 AM,
Well, if you put it that way, of course the enemy units near by are fair game. I feel that wasting ammo just on a crew or a depleted friendly unit and exposing yourself to the enemy is not worth the few points.
Also, not sure that one can even fire on his own units, even captured one's!?
Lastly, it is a very "gamey" tactic for sure.. :-(