• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Speed in Meeting Engagements
11-26-2006, 11:54 AM,
RE: Speed in Meeting Engagements
now that it appears things are back on topic...

I would like to say a word for halftrack and light tank forces.

a platoon plus some MGs in half tracks is always a good component. Pick one of the flags that is easily defended from your pov and race towards it. deploy around it in the best cover, hide and back up the halftracks behind buildings and forrest clumps to cover the approaches. then use the rest of your force in careful approaches to the other flags. the force is there to slow the enemy and hopefully draw them there. some one sees a flag rush and thinks yeah I can crush his big troops in one spot. the troops can be green even so they are cheaper. and try to include a bazooka out on the edges of the front because there is a good chance tanks will come.

It doesn't always workout well but it is a tactic and if you like "historical" play its fun because so many historic fights are about the platoon stranded away from the main force trying to hold the objective. I try to see it as bait the enemy then flank and rescue the bait. Though you often don't have to because the main fight is almost always center of the map.

One other thing that does work. run at the flag in plain view. stop short in cover, wait for the artillery barrage and after it is almost spent start sneaking forward. if timed right the enemy will be arriving across open terrain as you sneak into position.
And never get under the flag. always to the side or go past it. It's too obvious of a target. but don't worry your opponent will shell it whether you are there or not.
maybe have cpl fodder crawl out near it to provoke a barrage...

Quote this message in a reply
11-26-2006, 01:14 PM,
Saber6 Wrote:I guess I'll go flame war now....

Geordie, it is clear that you lack respect for anyone that posts on this board and for whatever self loathing reason don't care too much for the Blitz or most the people who use it.
The worst you can say about Geordie is that sometimes he's grouchy. Which is also a failing of mine, so I can sympathise. Hardly something to draw and quarter a man over. It seems a bit easy round here to jump on the Geordie bashing bandwagon.

There would be very few people on this board who have started as many constructive threads as Geordie has.
11-26-2006, 01:31 PM,
Geordie Wrote:In my opinion the QBME is played the most because guys are just too lazy to find a good scenario, or else they are scared to play with kit they havent specifically chosen.
-
Can no-one use the quote button here?

Friggin hard to read some of these obvious posts.
-
However, the option to quote is plain and simple and even the newest new guy here probably has the intelligence to manage to hit it.

I say probably as lately I'm beginning to wonder.

Its about time you got your act together on the MB software!

Raz, please explain and if you cant explain, get a Freaking Sword and do the business.

McIvan,

This type of behavior is not grumpy. It is disrespectful, insulting and indefensible. An apology is the only appropriate response.
Minuteman
11-26-2006, 03:04 PM,
11-26-2006, 03:28 PM,
Saber6 Wrote:McIvan,

This type of behavior is not grumpy. It is disrespectful, insulting and indefensible. An apology is the only appropriate response.
Its grouchy! Grouchy is often rude. Disrespectful even, to Raz Atoth anyways. Does it really matter? I attach less import to it.

Geordie made a grouchy post and got a grouchy response. Very little harm done and he can defend himself if he wants to. I'm simply pointing out that Geordie has at many times a very constructive track record, because I thought your post painted him one-dimensionally. I don't actually wish to defend his post - he can do that himself!
11-26-2006, 03:50 PM,
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
11-26-2006, 08:09 PM,
Geordie Wrote:LOL, using trucks to rush flags is strategy now is it? Its pure and simple gamieness.

As are all QB ME's.

In my opinion the QBME is played the most because guys are just too lazy to find a good scenario, or else they are scared to play with kit they havent specifically chosen.

Tactics ain't rushing flags, tactics are fire and Manoeuvre, using Arty and Smoke etc etc etc.

I'd like to stress that its just my opinion though.

Trolling, LOL, absolutely amazing!

Yes because thats what the thread of of 4 pages was about exclusively. For 4 pages we just talked about rushing the flags with trucks. Obviously you didnt read the thread because if you did you would have seen that it had evoloved beyond this and counter opinions had been constructively made, something you seem incapable of. Your post was obvious trolling as was your calling another poster a "Knob." A clear case of pot meet kettle if ever there was one.

I havnt played that many QBs and do prefer scenarios. That said I have enjoyed every QB I have played especialy the large 5000 point ones. I dont pressume to judge others for playing QB and the manner in which you do so is just juvinile and needless antagonism. Ever heard of giving others the benefite of the doubt.

Also for all its merits and weaknesses rushing the flags is of course a tactic by definition.
11-26-2006, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-26-2006, 08:17 PM by McIvan.)
RedDevil Wrote:well lads, as you know the fragment forums are Geordies Pride and joy because of their "content", adult like discussions, and the superior well beings who dwell there. So in due time, his self indulgence of ego mannerisms brings him back to the old blitz place where we have "heavily moderated forums and dictorship juntas" controlling your every move and he just can't stand it.

He just can't stay away from the place because his love to get as much atttention everywhere he graces with his presence so naturally he needs to come here and "contribute" to a good discussion with his charming demeanor.

We only have to endure so much as he'll step over that line, as he always manages to do and he'll be off on his merry way, posting his grief on the Fragment forums and starting another tirade of Randy hate threads with his bros. (which BTW Geordie, it is spelled with a Y not an I)

Of course, don't forget now it's some very interesting reading on CM over there once you get past all those adult discussions they're having about the blitz and it's members.

So Geordie, best keep your fragment style over there on that BEST forums on the WEB, as I won't hesitate to take all these emails I've gotten and put them to action.

And B4 anyone wants to defend the chap, Don't bother wasting my time or yours.
I have little respect for those who feel his actions and remarks against the Blitz and its staff are worthy of any such debatable effort, and if you feel offended, by all means, go post your grief on the fragment forums, it'll fit right in with the rest of the garbage.

Cheers!
What irony, suggesting that Geordie might be the one to start a tirade. He'll be at least one post too late.
11-26-2006, 09:56 PM,
Deleted. Before it was anyway.

11-26-2006, 10:31 PM,
Saber6 Wrote:
Geordie Wrote:In my opinion the QBME is played the most because guys are just too lazy to find a good scenario, or else they are scared to play with kit they havent specifically chosen.
-
Can no-one use the quote button here?

Friggin hard to read some of these obvious posts.
-
However, the option to quote is plain and simple and even the newest new guy here probably has the intelligence to manage to hit it.

I say probably as lately I'm beginning to wonder.

Its about time you got your act together on the MB software!

Raz, please explain and if you cant explain, get a Freaking Sword and do the business.

McIvan,

But Raz did explain and didn't have to commit Hara Kiri. I'm sure if he hadn't responded, his lifeless body would have been found by the Romanian authorities by now. I now know the reason for the board being so unreliable.

I do apologise if my Colonial sense of Humour is not to your particular liking though, but I'm not going to change it because it somehow offends your sensibilities. Thats the trouble with these types of fora, your going to meet guys from many different cultures with many different styles of humour, oh except the Germans, they don't have a sense of Humour.