• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Speed in Meeting Engagements
11-25-2006, 05:32 AM,
RE: Speed in Meeting Engagements
I used to like Meeting Engagement Battles, but the race thing is completely unrealistic and the other tactic of standing off with guns overwatching the OBJ from your start up area is also chessey as hell. Both of these methods have made ME an exercise in fantasy, and now frankly MEs are my least prefered battle type.
Real Meeting Engagements should have nothing to do with Objective Flags and everything to do with destroying the enemy, and the map should be turn the other way, so you have a longer distance to travel.
Quote this message in a reply
11-25-2006, 05:41 AM,
Wow, now I know for sure that Zemke is better than me. Thanks, Zemke. I bet you think the AI sucks, too.
Minuteman
11-25-2006, 06:21 AM,
I don't know about that, but hey the game is what it is and we all have our preferences, my are Operations, Scenarios and if a QB then Attack/Defend. I'll be happy to give you a game.
11-25-2006, 07:03 AM,
Just to throw in my 2 cents.

A pertinent fact that has been ignored imho is how small calibre artilery can be extremely effective at breaking and routing an enemy if used correctly.

If you drop small calibre art on a foe and that is the extent of your foes suffering then the most you can hope for is a few insignificant casualties and some suppresion.

Add in direct fire from platoons and HMGs etc and support from onboard artilery and you have broken and routing. I lhave got good results from fixing the enemy at the flags with direct fire then droping 81mm on them and suplemenitng this with a significant onboard artilery park of onboard morters.
This can break and rout a company.

Not to say I dont rush and hold a flags, but I cant gaurentee that I will make the flags first, and not having seen the map with its vaguries of fortune, I like to equip my self for the above tactic, this way if a flag rush to certain or all flags is unrealistic, I have made preparations to dig out the enemy from those flags I couldnt claim first.

11-25-2006, 07:07 AM,
Zemke Wrote:I don't know about that, but hey the game is what it is and we all have our preferences, my are Operations, Scenarios and if a QB then Attack/Defend. I'll be happy to give you a game.

Coughs, you are still playing?

I gave up 2 games with you because you said you were bored of CM. I being gracious passed on the offer made by you to report total victories. Now I see you claiming being happy to give someone a game.

Do I smell or sumfink:angry: :smoke:
11-25-2006, 08:11 AM,
Can no-one use the quote button here?

Friggin hard to read some of these obvious posts.

OK, you all disagree.

Heres what I think.

You do what you think will win you the ME QB, if it works for you, you keep doing it until you meet someone who kicks your fat Arse.

Then you change what you do, or maybe you dont.

So what!

You either learn or die, or learn and Turtle, and we all know what a Turtle does..................

11-25-2006, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-25-2006, 08:31 AM by Minuteman.)
Quote:Geordie Cried: Can no-one use the quote button here?

Then don't.
Minuteman
11-25-2006, 08:26 AM,

Quote:Can no-one use the quote button here?

Then don't.
Minuteman
11-25-2006, 08:54 AM,
RE:��Speed in Meeting Engagements
Geordie Wrote:Can no-one use the quote button here?

and we all know what a Turtle does..................

Make good soup?
11-25-2006, 09:00 AM,
Saber6 Wrote:
Quote:Can no-one use the quote button here?

Then don't.

Then quote. As you have managed to do. Its easy isn't it?