• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

HALFTRACKS :)
11-16-2006, 08:35 AM,
RE: HALFTRACKS :)
I miss the search function, will we ever get it back? If not some of those
classic Halftrack debates will be lost forever.

Can anyone tell me if Halftracks can be used to spot (obviously if used within 3 hexes of parent unit and behind ones own lines)
I can't remember if they will spot a unit or just reveal a ?

Cheers, Chris

Quote this message in a reply
11-16-2006, 08:39 AM,
I have always argued yes they can. Then again I have argued they should be able to be used in a CALFAX or mixed unit assault.
11-16-2006, 08:42 AM,
CALFAX combine arms live fire exersize. basically a mix of infantry, armor, and air support
11-16-2006, 11:36 AM,
I don't play the U.S. that often, but I really like that (40mm?) AAA halftrack that also has a really neat handbook info description. Awesome machine. 50cal

I was playing Call of Duty earlier today, and I lost a whole squad of guys in seconds to an ordinary, plain-jane 251/1. He just would not stop firing on my guys as they tried to cross a road. We didn't have any AT weapons or bazookas with us. I eventually was able to get a lucky shot in - I tossed a grenade though the open rear of the thing. Killed it, but not before he saw me "edge" around the corner and wounded me badly (the machine gunner for the vehicle, that is). :smg:

These machines are a bit underpowered in the CS, but they should not have near the firepower of a MG platoon. I feel their defense factor should be "3" instead of 2 - low profile, partially tracked design should add to survivability. Plus, in the Avalon Hill Panzerblitz / Panzer Leader games, which the CS is based on, German ht's have a defense of "4" and american M3 ht's have a defense of "3."

Just my 2 cents. :happy:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
11-20-2006, 07:50 AM,
This was the shortest half track discussion ever recorded. What happened to the controversy?
11-20-2006, 02:33 PM,
RE:��HALFTRACKS :)
Norry Wrote:This was the shortest half track discussion ever recorded. What happened to the controversy?

The controversy has petered out. The halftrack assault forces are victorious!

**sound of HT's assaulting a disrupted t-34 from all directions** :smg:
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu