• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Siege Guns - Very Odd Behaviour
10-24-2006, 05:18 PM,
c_Question Mark  Siege Guns - Very Odd Behaviour
In a N44 scen I'm currently working on I have changed some of the largest guns to be Siege Guns, since the rules for that type better reflects - I think - the limitations of these really heavy guns.

However, once I started play-testing it, the Siege Gun units seem to have essentially unlimited fires - not the two shots of other artillery, not the one shot that Siege Guns are suppossed to have, but essentially unlimited. I fired a couple of units over 30 times each (yes, thirty!) in a single turn, and only stopped as I felt that was probably enough to demonstrate a pattern.

In terms of replicating this, it only seems to affect fixed units (speed = 0). All the mobile units I tested worked as expected. With the fixed units, they display "Fire Ability 2" on the in-game display, but this never decrements, regardless of how often they fire.

Could someone please explain what I'm doing wrong, or if this is in fact broken?

Cheers
Jon
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-2006, 10:58 PM,
RE: Siege Guns - Very Odd Behaviour
Hi Jon,

I would imagine it is broken, probably a conflict between the default 0 movement 2 shots and the siege guns 1 shot. Anyway, I have created a test scenario for it for Glenn and am shipping it off to him. Thanks.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-25-2006, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2006, 12:46 AM by Volcano Man.)
Send this user an email
10-25-2006, 05:49 AM,
Thanks guys. I tried to do a search for this issue, but that bit of the forum doesn't work for me.

BTW, I don't want to give them a movement factor, because that would break one of the other requirements (ie, casemated and immobile). So, back to hvy arty for them it is :)