• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Low Moral Units
10-26-2006, 08:15 AM,
RE:��Low Moral Units
Arkady Wrote:So simple conclusion
if unit have "No Morale" then there isn't way to recover from Disrupt or Broken status, right ?

well, there should be at least chance when unit is on the same hex as parent in-command HQ to pass the morale check

I agree 100%. As it stands a morale F unit may as well disband once it disrupts. With the rules the way they stand I would be changing all morale F units to morale E units. I wouldn't play F40 again with the stock ratings.
Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2006, 09:05 AM,
RE: ��Low Moral Units
Krak Wrote:I agree 100%. As it stands a morale F unit may as well disband once it disrupts. With the rules the way they stand I would be changing all morale F units to morale E units. I wouldn't play F40 again with the stock ratings.

I am just trying to get my head around the extend of this issue and while I wouldn't doubt there are F quality troops in the game, I can't find any - not a Single F quality French unit is the 7e Armee.

haven't crolled through all the other formations. There are a number of E's but no "F"

Even the Dutch are D's and E's. Haven't looked in the Belgians.

Anyway - let me know where all these F's are taht are preventing you from playing the Stock Scns. I'm not saying there are none - just I am not sure there is very many either. But it is a BIG OOB and you might be looking in a different place than I am.

Thanks

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-26-2006, 01:41 PM,
RE: Low Moral Units
Hi Glenn
Mostly the F units are Belgian, there are whole Divisions of them. Not sure about the French or Dutch but I suspect there are some amongst them. I will check it out. I am only refering to the campaign game. I think this game (France '40) is the only one in the PZC series with so many F quality units as I haven't encountered this annoyance before, and I have played most of the PZC series.
Cheers
10-26-2006, 05:30 PM,
The only morale F units are Belgian. I counted 7 divisions. Thats a lot of useless troops!
10-26-2006, 07:41 PM,
Some relevant info here:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.p...sc&start=0
10-26-2006, 08:41 PM,
I have no problem with Belgian Divisions being low quality - the issue is to what degree and more so that once a quality F unit disrupts it can never regain good order status. That is if my understanding of the rules is correct. Surley a military unit, no matter how poor, if fully rested, fully armed, in supply and in command would eventually become good order......
10-27-2006, 03:25 AM,
Krak Wrote:I have no problem with Belgian Divisions being low quality - the issue is to what degree and more so that once a quality F unit disrupts it can never regain good order status. That is if my understanding of the rules is correct. Surley a military unit, no matter how poor, if fully rested, fully armed, in supply and in command would eventually become good order......

I do see your point and if you email me a list of the affected Divisions - my email address is [email protected] - I'll take a look at the situation before we get another update out.

Thanks for your help.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-27-2006, 05:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-27-2006, 06:07 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Glenn,

All the units in the 15th Inf Bde of the 5th Inf Div, BEF are F morale in the stock France 40 OOB If they are disrupted by interdiction traveling to the front, they will not recover.

Scenario 0510_01
F Morale Battalions
Check the British 5th Inf Division.
(29,175) 1/ Green Howards, Kings Own Yorkshire Lt Inf.
The rest of the division is C Morale.
1/ York and Lancaster is in the OOB as F morale also, though it is not in all the scenarios with the BEF.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-27-2006, 11:35 AM,
Send this user an email
10-28-2006, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2006, 01:38 AM by Peter Szabo.)
I do not see problem with the effect that F units do not recover. The F rating is used to depict units of abysmal quality: that is, units that are both poorly trained and not motivated to fight. History has examples of this.

Whether the F rating is justified for the Belgians in F40 is a different question.