• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Low Moral Units
10-21-2006, 12:36 PM,
Low Moral Units
Just a query on low moral units. I have stacks of French units that initially had a moral/quality of F. Once they disrupt they have no moral. Do these units still have a chance to become un-disrupted? If so what is the chance asuming they are good in all other depts i.e ammo, fatigue, isolation etc

I ask because I am yet to see a single one of them recover.
Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2006, 07:19 PM,
RE: Low Moral Units
Krak,

My guess is this:

Once an F-quality unit gets disrupted, its morale status drops to 'no morale'. If I recall correctly, it is the morale status that is used in disruption recovery checks. This means that a disrupted F-quality unit will invariably fail every undisruption check, that is, it will remain disrupted forever (or until it is broken).

But I write this without looking at the manual, so I might be wrong. You may want to check the manual on disruption recovery rules to get the definite answer.

Regards,
Peter
10-21-2006, 10:17 PM,
Yeah, that would make sense then as I have not seen a quality F unit recover at all. It seems a bit harsh tho considering the length of some of the scenarios, I would have thought even the worst troops would recover from disruption eventually, certainly within the scope of several days.
10-21-2006, 11:31 PM,
My experience, in France '40 also but with Belgians, is the same as yours Krak. I have a few F quality Belgians that, while moving in travel mode, got hit by interdiction. Even with fatigue back to 0, the no morale is present of course. The units definitely won't undisrupt on their own in this case. I hoped by stacking with the division HQ they might eventually undisrupt but I tried that for more than 2 days without success, so under the current rule set I do believe it isn't possible to undisrupt, although it might have been a case for more time being needed before the lucky HQ assist die roll got hit, if it can even help then.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
10-22-2006, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-22-2006, 04:16 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-22-2006, 04:07 AM,
RE:��Low Moral Units
Send this user an email
10-22-2006, 08:10 AM,
Thanks guys at least I know now not to waste my time trying to get these guys out of harms way to recover anymore. There are many F type units in the allied army, this is going to make it tough. Just as a comparison I note that in the France scenario for TFB the Belgian Army can do quite well and will inflict casualties on the Germans. That task seems very difficult to replicate in PZC France 40'. To elaberate I am thinking perhaps in the future (long distant future) that units may be rated seperatly for morale and training/exp in PZC. For example I think a Beligian or French artillery unit may have been just as efficient as the Germans in firing their guns at a spotted target. Yet run away much more readily. The only way to model that would be to have seperate ratings for delivering firepower and taking it. Just my thoughts. Sorry for the poor spelling, obviously its not my strong point. Cheers
10-22-2006, 04:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-24-2006, 06:00 AM by Dog Soldier.)
Belgian artillery, is about all the Belgians have to hurt the Germans.

The Germans can become too aggressive against the excellent B morale Belgian Force K troops in the Ardennes and get a company or two punished, but that is all.

In the F40 campaign games out there, the Belgians can only accomplish one of two things.

1. Delay the Germans enough to allow the French and British form a strong defense.
2. Run like hell and get enough of their troops back to the Antwerp defense zone and cause the German to drop off troops to guard their flank as the German army rolls west.

Belgian bayonets just can not harm even the PzI's. The Belgian army in 1940 simply did not have an anti tank defense.
The smart German will just blast through the Belgians with their tanks and their air power, while the German infantry mop up the dazed Belgians left in the panzers wake.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-23-2006, 11:19 AM,
Krak said:

>>Sorry for the poor spelling, obviously its not my strong point. <<

Heh, it's OK, just make sure when talking about low moral units, that you don't say the F word.
10-25-2006, 11:52 PM,
So simple conclusion
if unit have "No Morale" then there isn't way to recover from Disrupt or Broken status, right ?

well, there should be at least chance when unit is on the same hex as parent in-command HQ to pass the morale check