• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

OK, I Give Up
09-15-2006, 12:37 PM,
RE: OK, I Give Up
Sorry, no screen captures, but it was so shocking that I remember it VERY clearly! Cry
The most I've seen since has been around 150.
Now, if I dare T mode in N44 it is with companies not btls.
Quote this message in a reply
09-15-2006, 02:02 PM,
Rev Rico makes an excellent point for N44. The alt fire rules make moving companies (small units) safer than moving large units when subject to air interdiction.

The risk is that one of the companies will disrupt and the battalion can not be reconstructed at the front until it rallies. So weigh the

"need vs. the speed".

Who said commanders have it so easy?

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM,
RE:��OK, I Give Up
Rev Rico Wrote:Until you have a 500+ man SS PG Btl eliminated by a single air interdiction strike in N44 you really don't know how bad it is. Eek

I don't doubt the rev's word at all - but I set up a test all the same.
Default game
Default OOB
Default Fire rules (ALT Rules ON)

Interdiction in the default PDT are defined as 25% of the effect of one random Air Strike and I wasn't able to get close to the 2000 men in one shot you would have to get to see over 500 men killed by interdiction.

So, I have no idea for what hit you or what the chances of that shot is with an interdiction mission with the DEFAULT game setting. Be interested if anyone can get anything close.

You sure it wasn't a mod you were using? Seems way higher than anything I could generate - but if you say you got it - I'll take your word on it.

Glenn

Send this user an email
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM,
Glenn,
It was a couple years ago and I can't remember if it was a stock game or a VM one nor do I recall if I was using any alt or opt fire rules. I posted here back then and was warned about moving in T mode (duh! :)). Since then I've winced everytime I move a Ger unit in T mode in the daylight in N44, but I've never seen it again.

Hey, I wasn't saying it was a problem just a shocker that taught me a lesson.

Bob
09-16-2006, 09:44 AM,
Non related to air interdiction

for real pain in N44 wait till your crafty allied opponent finds your T mode infantry on the road when you were absolutely sure there was no possible way for them to be spotted 8) /cheers Dan
09-16-2006, 12:23 PM,
09-16-2006, 12:26 PM,
09-16-2006, 12:29 PM,
Whoops, it did it 3 times. I must be losing control of my mouse.