• Downloads

OK, I Give Up
09-13-2006, 08:37 AM,
OK, I Give Up
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2006, 08:54 AM,
RE: OK, I Give Up
Hi Jubail.

In the Movement section there's a rule called "Vehicle Breakdown" which results in losses through movement based on reliability of equipment.

You could also be experiencing Air Inderdiction. See the air power section.

Otherwise, what's causing your query?

Cheers,
Adam.
09-13-2006, 09:03 AM,
What game are you playing and which side?

I am aware of 2 factors that can cause losses and/or disruption of units when uint move.

Air Interdiction (SEE PAGE 59 of user manual)
As units move on the map in Travel or Rail Mode, there is a chance that their movement will be Interdicted by enemy air units. This probability is based on Parameter data per side (see the Parameter Data Dialog in the Main Program). The probability is based on the total number of units in Travel or Rail Mode in the hex being moved into. The probability is modified by any terrain modifier of the hex being moved into. The probability is half during Dawn and Dusk turns. If Interdiction occurs, then an Air Strike occurs against a unit in the target hex using an air unit that is representative of the type of air unit available to the enemy side. However, this air strike does not count against the air units available by the enemy. Note in addition, that movement by units in Deployed Mode into hexes occupied by units in Travel or Rail Mode can also trigger an interdiction attack against the units in Travel or Rail Mode.

Vehicle Breakdown
Depending on the value of the Vehicle Breakdown Parameter Data, it is possible that a unit consisting of vehicles will lose strength as it moves. The probability of this happening depends not only on the parameter data value, but also the quality of the unit and the movement cost associated with the move. However, a unit with a single vehicle is never eliminated by this process.

I hope this helps.

Peter777
09-13-2006, 09:22 AM,
09-13-2006, 09:31 AM,
Definitely lots of Air Interdiction in N44, so move in bad weather, poor vis, dawn/dusk or night turns to avoid it.

It will also suprise the Allies when dawn comes and you start a SS PZ lead counter attack.

Cheers

Peter777
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM,
Send this user an email
09-13-2006, 04:24 PM,
jubail,

You may have already figured it out but the best way to avoid allied air interdiction is to move in T mode at night and to move tactically (not in T mode) during the day. Of course this makes reinforcments that much slower and it is often necissary to risk the interdiction to get there faster.
Send this user an email
09-15-2006, 06:25 AM,
Until you have a 500+ man SS PG Btl eliminated by a single air interdiction strike in N44 you really don't know how bad it is. Eek

Bob
09-15-2006, 06:34 AM,
RE:��OK, I Give Up
Rev Rico Wrote:Until you have a 500+ man SS PG Btl eliminated by a single air interdiction strike in N44 you really don't know how bad it is. Eek

Bob

Really! I'd love to see a screen capture of that one: 543 men/X :smoke:

Fury
09-15-2006, 06:51 AM,
Wow :hissy:Cry

We always say that "T mode = death" but that is going some, 75 men is the most i have seen (S43)!