• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario
09-13-2006, 04:31 PM,
RE: Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario
Not really. The only thing I would say that it does it make it more likely that all the defenders will be eliminated and that once this occurs the road will be open to the south. I have seen it happen that a German player will pump everything onto the Omaha beach sector but usually it is only a matter of time until the allies get off the beach and usually surround the existing German defenses along the beach.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-14-2006, 04:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2006, 04:34 AM by PenCapChew.)
Thanks for you input Volcano Man. I do have a question though. In your 1 day (9 turn) Omaha Beach scenario, all the defenses are pillboxes. This make naval gunfire almost useless (and air strikes are limited to one attack per hex as well). I find this very difficult against a German player (I am playing a hotseat game), you can disrupt almost all the US engineers. This makes it almost impossible to clear mines. If Engineers are "Clearing Mines" and are disrupted, does this mean they can't clear mines anymore? Also, in the stock campaign, you can disrupt a few German hexes with your naval guns. In the alt. scenario, i don't do any damage whatsoever. I was reading about the campaign and found out that close range naval gunfire really helped save the day. This would translate to more disruption to the German player. In my current hotseat game, 90 percent of my engineers are disrupted. They can't undisrupt since the German player can just repeatedly fire at them so they dont "rest" for undisruption purposes. With no mines cleared, the US player can't dig in for better protection. In this case, it's very foolish for a German player to retreat since there is no way the Allied player can even assault me to isolate my units.
09-14-2006, 06:00 AM,

"If Engineers are "Clearing Mines" and are disrupted, does this mean they can't clear mines anymore?"

Unfortunately yes Cry
09-14-2006, 06:07 AM,
RE:��Normandy Omaha Beach Scenario
Foul. Wrote:"If Engineers are "Clearing Mines" and are disrupted, does this mean they can't clear mines anymore?"

Unfortunately yes Cry

Although, from my understanding of the pre-turn actions, undisruption checks happen before mine clearning checks. So, if you engineer is disrupted and marked clearing mines, it can undisrupt and then clear the mines in the same turn.

Fury