Games & Burnout
09-11-2006, 10:00 PM,
RE: Games & Burnout
Ed,

Never for a second!
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2006, 06:48 AM,
Whatever the solution is, I'm having a fairly major episode right now. Time and less gaming is really the only cure methinks.
09-12-2006, 10:03 AM,
RE:��Games & Burnout
09-12-2006, 01:57 PM,
Generally when there is a lot going on in real life plus I have too many games going at once. Also seems to happen when I am in a number of games and none of the scenarios particularly 'grab me'.

To deal with it I tend to slow down my turn rate (rather than quit) and have a longer delay inbetween ending one game and starting another. Over a few months this strategy keeps me playing without pushing me over the edge. Another suggestion is to get involved in a team game - when you are not feeling too motivated a team game is an excellent idea, as it keeps you interested (can't let down the team) plus you only have your little part of the battle to fight so it doesn't feel as overwhelming as being solely responsible for the battle.
09-12-2006, 07:58 PM,
Moderation in everything!
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM,
Sometimes my life is protecting me from burning out with CS Big Grin

From time to time my work requires me to move and thus ceasing playing for a while. The first one was in 2002 when I silenced for few months while moving back and settling in Poland. The next period was in 2004 while I was deployed in Iraq.

I believe that, however annoying, such breaks are helping me out :smoke:

Wait, wait... does it mean that it's time for another break? :hissy:
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM,
For me it was 18 games over 3 ladders whilst real life became a pain in the arse. Then my favorite hobby became a pain in the arse because I was having to force time to play all those turns. My particular love in CS is the HUGE scenarios. I found my self at the PC for 4-6 hours a night pluggin' away at turns on the CM, CS and SqB ladders 9with my wife gettin' angrier by the night...LOL). Eventually it was like a second job. My advice (and a good friend warned me about it....thanks, Randy for tryin'...LOL), is limit the number and size of your games.....take a week long break occasionally (letting your opps. know ofcourse)....and leave yourself plenty of time in each day for all the unexpected crap that life'll throw at you. :bang:
"I keep a flask of whiskey in my left pocket in case of snake bite....and I keep a small snake in my right pocket" W.C. Fields
09-13-2006, 09:58 AM,
RE:��Games & Burnout
09-14-2006, 08:26 AM,
RE: ��Games & Burnout
[hirr Wrote:Leto]

And wear ACME frying pan repellant... it helps with the wife problem.

: )

Leto

LOL....good idea. I tried the ACME Sound Repelling Ear Muffs....that's what got me hit with the friggin' fryin' pan. Whip
"I keep a flask of whiskey in my left pocket in case of snake bite....and I keep a small snake in my right pocket" W.C. Fields
09-14-2006, 09:59 AM,
Meep Meep! :P

LOL! You guys crack me up! Big Grin

It may be the volume of games, it may be real life, it may be just getting things done outside the "monitor"? :rolleyes:

I'm really burned out. Cry

But, I am going to have a break soon. More on that later! :smoke:

cheers