Games & Burnout
Eek When does it come upon you?

How do you deal with it? :smoke:

cheers
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2006, 11:24 PM,
RE: Games & Burnout
Usually,
when I have a 3 day weekend and get no return moves, And when I get up to go to work on that first day of the week there are 15 turns in my inbox. I scream alot
09-10-2006, 12:52 AM,
I love the Avalon Hill PanzerBlitz Russian wreck counter as your avatar Michael. Remember that Germans' counter was gray? Then, when Panzer Leader came out, all of the wrecks were on white counters. Ahhhh, those were the daze ... er ... days.

Nort
09-10-2006, 02:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2006, 02:20 AM by Michael.)
Nort I can't even remember where I got that. But it fits... most of my Armor ends up as wrecks.
I still have Panzer Leader Just dont have time for a 10-12 hour game.
09-10-2006, 04:20 AM,
Ed I don't play as many games. but over the last few months the Blitz and work have been keeping me busy enough to where I havn't been getting player burn out.

Gary
War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them all they want.William Tecumseh Sherman
09-10-2006, 04:27 AM,
I had the bookcase edition that had the slipcase cover...At one time I had about 218 game titles, but played panzerblitz only till Squad Leader and later ASL came out...they had this inventive PBM ( snail mail days) and I stopped playing it with a 25-3 record..wish I played this system as good as I played PB/PL
09-10-2006, 05:36 AM,
I remember the Play by Mail. Used some formula out the Dow Index?
Couldn't burn out... turn around time was several days, if you didn't run out of stamps.
09-10-2006, 08:59 PM,
I don't play many actual games so burn out there rarely occurs.Designing scenarios and running campaigns actually works quite well also as I can pick around the times for a lot.Other than that a long weekend or something along those lines will refresh.

"The fire still burns"

von Earlmann
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
09-11-2006, 06:47 AM,
Burnout, what the heck is that.... this is a labor of love for me so I don't get burned out. I just get burned when players don't finish and just drop off during the last turns.
09-11-2006, 09:22 PM,