• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

geordies spotting the players post
09-01-2006, 09:35 AM,
RE: geordies spotting the players post
Der Kuenstler Wrote:Many players will take a game without investigating it first

Only nugget I can offer:

Don't play Air Assault (CMBB) as the Russians.
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2006, 03:15 PM,
Many players have played the same Scenario more than once, and against different players- This can easily be verified by looking through some stats. This is likely a reflection of having played a particularly enjoyable, fun or well balanced scenario. IMHO "Gameyness" can be removed by simply letting your opponent know before you start- "Hey, I've played this one before as the British before...." As to the subject of "trolling" or "Sharkhunting" or whatever its called- If the veteran .500+ players suddenly stopped playing the sub .500 players and newbies, a lot of excellent learning opportunities would be eliminated & IMHO a lot of the spirit of this Club would be lost. I think there are probably very few Veterans (if any) who play "exclusively" weaker or less experienced opponents .
09-01-2006, 04:12 PM,
Very well said, Mandrake.
09-03-2006, 04:52 AM,
Officially, the policy at The Blitz is "The PLay's the Thing". Anything that 2 opponents can agree to play is a legal game. If one players only like to play side A of a certain scenario, then shame on the opponents who keep giving him the advantage, but it is legal. We provide all members ample information in the profiles to make these sorts of decisions. If you go into battle without doing the recon shame on you, not him.

Paul
09-06-2006, 01:29 AM,
Speaking off cheese play, back in CS there was some of that going on with the improper use of the german 251/1 halftrack.
Namely it's use as a scout vehicle, which in turn resulted in it being used for nothing else but the old "cannon fodder" trick.. :-)

I have yet to see anyone complaining about that here, in CM.
Is it the smaller scale these battle are fought at, that makes it justifiable?
09-06-2006, 02:19 AM,
RE:��geordies spotting the players post
Soldier Wrote:Speaking off cheese play, back in CS there was some of that going on with the improper use of the german 251/1 halftrack.
Namely it's use as a scout vehicle, which in turn resulted in it being used for nothing else but the old "cannon fodder" trick.. :-)

I have yet to see anyone complaining about that here, in CM.
Is it the smaller scale these battle are fought at, that makes it justifiable?

Unlike CS, in CM using a jeep or halftrack to recon is not very wise actually. You can't use the bump tactic like in CS, and the way the WEGO turn system works, by the time you get units into position to possibly take out a gun that just picked off your halftrack your opponent would likey know which way you are coming and set up an ambush.

Another factor is that halftracks you lose give your opponent a good amount of VP's unlike in CS.
09-06-2006, 06:01 AM,
Makes sense. Thanks Bill!